Stunning Choc Lab Needing Rescue- Has Rescue!

Shame on you, he isnt microchipped in your name you have no right to try to make sure he has a rescue to take him if you cant find the owners, for shame you need to keep him a secret and if his owners or breeder dont come along you should just Euth him.

On a serious note glad you have saved him. Hope he finds his home or a new one soon

Shame on you, he isnt microchipped in your name you have no right to try to make sure he has a rescue to take him if you cant find the owners, for shame you need to keep him a secret and if his owners or breeder dont come along you should just Euth him.

On a serious note glad you have saved him. Hope he finds his home or a new one soon

really

Wasn't he a surrender? I thought his most recent owners were known but, to date, his breeder hasn't been found.

Wasn't he a surrender? I thought his most recent owners were known but, to date, his breeder hasn't been found.

That's what I remember reading before the original post was edited.

My take on it as well but was hoping they give the breeder a chance to step up.

My take on it as well but was hoping they give the breeder a chance to step up.

Yep, the newest owners brought him in and said they were given him 4 months ago from his breeder/original owner but with no paperwork. I looked up his chip details and there was only a name and address of the original owner. I looked them up on white pages and couldn't find a number, so rang someone with the same name in a different st but same town and left a message, so hopefully it was them and they'll call back and either get the dog back or sign paperwork. If that fails someone suggested we contact the local police and say that this dog was surrendered but its history is sketchy and can they contact her and make sure it's not stolen and if it's not can they urge her to contact the rescue and sign the papers over. So hopefully with everyone working together we can get this dog back with its original owner or with a good new home.

She was just being a troll with her comments.

Guest Labradork

I haven't read the whole thread...

Where does he live? Or is transport okay? I'll buy him/keep him... I would like another (male) Lab and a rescue would be perfect.

Hey Dorky, his paperwork is being investigated right now but once that's all worked out and if his original owner can be located and is OK with him being adopted then I'm sure you can apply to adopt him. I'll pm you the name of the rescue who has him :)

For some reason it won't let me pm you.

Edited by mixeduppup

Guest Labradork

Hey Dorky, his paperwork is being investigated right now but once that's all worked out and if his original owner can be located and is OK with him being adopted then I'm sure you can apply to adopt him. I'll pm you the name of the rescue who has him :)

For some reason it won't let me pm you.

Sorry, I had somehow switched off my PM messenger thingy. I have sent you a PM.

If there is any possibility that this dog may have originally been stolen from his previous owner, I'd be doing a much harder search for them before doing anything rash like rehoming him.

Just out of curiosity MUP, can you PM me the name of the rescue that currently has him too?

T.

There's a possibility, that's why the rescue is going to do all they can to find his original owners, he just couldn't stay at the vet and by giving him to this rescue he is safe whilst everything is done to locate his original owner.

Edited by mixeduppup

Guest Labradork

I spoke to the lady at the rescue, and they are doing all the right things to find his owners. I just explained that I was interested in buying/keeping him and she is going to let me know in a couple of weeks if he is available.