Favourite Dog Colour?

Horsegal98

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think I have a favourite colour, depends on the dog.

That was my immediate reaction to the question.

One of my dogs is a Finnish Spitz cross who has a brilliant red coat. He is the one who gets the most attention when we are out walking.

Same when we are out walking. Stan is a very stunning blue and people stop and comment on his colour a lot. Poor little Maddie usually gets overlooked although she is very pretty.

In greyhounds my favourite colour is the brindles, especially the blue brindles.

Black for me, with or without white markings in all animals. Dogs, cats and horses and I have been lucky enough to own all of them at different times. Second choice is white but only in long haired dogs and I now have an all white long haired dog. I hate white on short coats.

Least favourites and ones I would never own are brindle and merle.

Depends on the breed, but I am drawn towards reddish/orange dogs :D Helps that I own Tollers who only come in those colours :)

Don't think there is any colour I don't like.

Me too :D I prefer to keep them the same colour so I can pick furniture and carpet that the hair doesn't show up on as much! :laugh:

Black :D

There's nothing more satisfying than turning a scruffy brownish dog into a glossy black beauty.

When I went to pick up the teenage hellhound, the breeder walked me over to a pen filled with wiggly black puppies and I was so excited.. and then he reaches in and yanks out a mostly white puppy with a couple of black patches on his head :p So much much for "My next grey will be a black".

He did develop fairly heavy ticking but it's not quite the same thing.

Fawn is my least favourite colour, especially if kennel coat is involved. So hard to make that look really amazing (without a bit of cheating, anyway)

Well, Looking at my lot, it looks like black and tan are the orders of the day! :laugh:

I like dogs with black points of some form or description.

I'm not a huge fan of reds/fawns etc.

That said, at the end of the day I don't really give a toss what colour a dog is. :)

So obviously a good dog is never a bad colour...but that being said, what is your favourite colour?

I love blue brindle and sable the best, but I have only owned one sable and no blue brindles at all.

So true, one such quote from the GSD founder is that no good dog is a bad colour :D

That being said some of my absolute fav colours of the GSD are not of the standard. I adore liver/tan and solid liver

SN852489_zps726d7795.jpg

And am also a sucker for the Panda colouring and Brindle which was one of the first original colours :)

vida_nov909a_zpsac0a41b2.jpg

267997_10151410565558410_353071196_n_zpsc7376fea.jpg

Also a sucker for Black Sable :)

In my other fav breeds i love Choc-tri Border collies and Red/Tan Kelpies :)