Favourite Dog Colour?

Horsegal98

I have previously had black dogs (rottie and a black GSD) ... so I have tended to wear dark clothing to hide the dog hair ... but now we have a sable and his fair hair shows badly on dark clothes.

I suggest sticking to one colour :)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pretty partial to white (and they can have some patches). Also very much like the light brindle tiger look.

I've had a few black dogs and have promised myself a tan scruffer one day.

My neighbour was telling someone that I walk the white dogs and then take the coloured ones out - not planned, the dogs walk together if they have the same abilities ...

For Labs I only like yellows, but prefer a bolder colour than light cream/whitish (Not counting the aged whiting on my lovely old boy :D)

I love every colour of Aussies, but particularly would like a merle of either colour (red or blue).

Black spotted dals.

Blue ACDs.

Generally Sables seem to be beautiful in every breed :) and I am partial to deep Red/Chocolate tri.

Not a huge fan of solid blacks (I like my dogs eyes to contrast its face) or brindles.

Edited by LisaCC

I love brown, especially a two-toned dog who is mostly brown, hence why I have a GSP (who is more brown than white) and a brindle Staffy X. I call them my "brown babies"!

I also love blue and red and tri's. solids particularly in black, white, or gold as well as 'black and white' i find boring.

Edited by GSPSTAFFKELP

I love red dogs, so of course have breeds that don't come in that colour! :laugh:

For me though, deep brown eyes are more important, I don;t like the yellow eyes seen in some dogs, or the blues or split colour eyes.

The black greyhound above is lovely, except for those yellow eyes :(

Depends on the breed srtandard for me. What I might find acceptable in one breed, I can't stand in another.

In my Staffords I like them black brindle with as little brindle and white as possible.

In the Whippets, I'm not so fussy, I'm more about the markings than the colour

I think that unless a colour does not meet the breed standard, you can usually find a nice dog in any colour and the real killer is "pigment", you need great pigment around the eyes, lips and nose

I am surprised how many like black and brindle best, I thought supposedly they were meant to both be unpopular colors. I have always loved brindles...

We have a hard time rehoming black greyhounds, definitely.

What a lot of people don't realise is that black is easier to keep clean, seems to shed less (in my experience, anyway) and can look really amazing for fairly minimal work. Keep a black greyhound reasonably trim and the light reflects off movements in the muscles, looks beautiful.

My absolute favourite is black greyhounds with white socks..

Look at his fancy feets :D

Spanna1Med_zps0014e299.jpg

(Panterka's ff, Spanna)

Beautiful boy, I am fostering a black greyhound here ATM but she is blowing all her coat out so not very shiny.

I am surprised how many like black and brindle best, I thought supposedly they were meant to both be unpopular colors. I have always loved brindles...

We have a hard time rehoming black greyhounds, definitely.

What a lot of people don't realise is that black is easier to keep clean, seems to shed less (in my experience, anyway) and can look really amazing for fairly minimal work. Keep a black greyhound reasonably trim and the light reflects off movements in the muscles, looks beautiful.

My absolute favourite is black greyhounds with white socks..

Look at his fancy feets :D

(Panterka's ff, Spanna)

Beautiful boy, I am fostering a black greyhound here ATM but she is blowing all her coat out so not very shiny.

Yeah, saw the pic you posted. That's an awful lot of kennel coat- your brushing arm is going to be muscley by the time you're done with that :p

Some black shampoo, a furminator and some Essential 6 definitely help.

White in a BT ,although a flashy looking black and white is ok.

I tend to prefer, b/w, or red brindle in dogs, black in a Staffy.

Not a fan of blue,or reds.

Oh Juice, a long time ago, I saw a brindle Bull Terrier, even remember where I was ... Ashfield. He was gaspingly beautiful. His owners thought I was mad of course, going bonkers over this beautiful dog, when people generally crossed the street :cry: to avoid them.

I don't think I have a favourite colour, depends on the dog.

100% this.

ORANGE Poms for the win! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Well, I thought that at first, but have to say black Poms and black Pugs are amongst my favourites ..... to look at. Next dogs are going to be BBBBIIIIIIGGGGGG!!

Until I met Maggie the Shitzu, I probably would, but now I have a new found love for SWF's. :laugh:

Spread the word, please Mantis. I am so tired of the old "yappy dogs" mantra. :laugh:

I've had a few black dogs and have promised myself a tan scruffer one day.

Bunter will be on your doorstep later in the day.

Bunter_zpscbdf760a.jpg

I really like Woody's colour. Dilute liver. (known in greyhounds as dun) He looks like a chocolate paddle pop, silvery milky brown. He gets lots of compliments.

post-2283-0-57256000-1357082037_thumb.jpg

I also really like red fawn and fawn dogs, and I like them with black masks too.