Another Joint Supplement: Rose-hip Vital Canine

ness

I came across this product just before Christmas and I am currently trying it with my young Border Collie who has had a number of intermittent lameness issues. I have had her on other joint supplements previously (both Joint Guard and Glyde) but thought this one sounded interesting after I had read over the website and figured it was worth giving a go.

She has been on it for about a fortnight so far so still a little early to tell for sure if its making any appreciable difference to her issues.

I just wondered if anybody else has tried it or is aware of the product.

http://rosehipvitalcanine.com.au/

Edited by ness

Thanks for posting a comment re your own experience airedaler. I think that is one of the hardest things with dogs is they can't actually tell you either way whether its helping (even slightly) - well at least not directly.

Sorry to go off topic, but have you considered turmeric / curcumin? I started to research it when Rogan had cancer, it is a good anti-inflammatory & would be worth looking into, in my opinion. You need to use the high potency tablets for best results & they are quite expensive. I bought mine from a health food shop, but you may be able to find them cheaper online if you are interested in giving them a go.

• 3 weeks later...

Angus has just finished his first bottle of RHVC and he is definitely happier in himself, more active, his skin has improved more and his digestion problems have finally gone completely. I will be keeping him on it along with the TCM herbs he was already taking for his skin. The combination seems to be working well. :D

• 1 month later...

Bumping this thread to see how the doggies are doing on the rose hip.

Also, a question for those using it, does the rose hip replace other joint supplements like glyde or are they given in combination?

I haven't had a dog on it but I take it for my bad knees. It has worked wonders and I no longer wake in the middle of the night in pain and can kneel almost pain free for the first time in years.

I haven't had a dog on it but I take it for my bad knees. It has worked wonders and I no longer wake in the middle of the night in pain and can kneel almost pain free for the first time in years.

Janba...can you tell me the name of the product you are on please :)

Janba...can you tell me the name of the product you are on please :)

Rose-Hip Vital with GOPO. The human formula is the same as the dog one except it comes as a capsule as well as powder.

Kenz is still on the product (among other things) for the minute. And as best I can work out its suppose to be instead of things like Glyde although it can also be used in conjunction with any of the others. I do still give fish oil and have had it suggested by the people who sell the RHVC that its worth using in conjunction with fish oil.

Kenz's situation is however a little complicated so I am not surprised its not working 100% for her.

Edited by ness

My feedback is also relative to the fact Kenz is still a young and highly active dog and I am still trying to find a way to return her to sound enough to trial. For the moment I have resorted to normal drugs rather than supplements to try and help her along and past where she is currently.

I have heard plenty of people who have used it successfully with older dogs. I am actually now about to stick my oldie on it as well so I will let you know how she gets on with the product.