Another Joint Supplement: Rose-hip Vital Canine

ness

Okay cool, thanks! She had her cruciate repaired when she was younger and was supposed to be on regular cartrophen but for various other health reasons wasn't able to have them and really I don't think she's needed them until recently, although she has her ups and downs so it's hard to tell. We'll see how the RHVC goes and if there's no improvement we might revisit the cartrophen. I will report back with how she's going. :)

Sorry to hear its not doing much for Jazz Trishm. How long has she been on it now? Fingers crossed the cartrophen helps in conjunction with the RHV. Its so hard to see them struggling. At 15 1/2, have you tried any more normal meds with her either a NSAID or tramadol?

Shes been on it for 3 weeks now, and it is 2 months since her last cartrophen injection, Ness. Tramadol spaces her out, I give her Rimadyl which does help a bit, she does not tolerate the dosage that she should be on though, she copes with half the prescribed dosage, so therefor she doesn't get the benefit that she should.

I will have a good chat with my Vet and see if there is anything else I can do for her.

Edited by Trishm

Hmm 3 weeks maybe it still needs a little bit of time to work to the full extent. I know all about the problem with tramadol as well :(. Might be worth trying another NSAID there are plenty others out there if she can't manage the rimadyl. Fingers crossed that you get some improvement for your girl.

We stock rose hip as well as a few of the other joint supplements but haven't had a lot of feedback yet, we also have dried shark cartilage and green lipped mussels and people feed them as a daily treat and some customers have said they have made a noticeable change

Okay cool, thanks! She had her cruciate repaired when she was younger and was supposed to be on regular cartrophen but for various other health reasons wasn't able to have them and really I don't think she's needed them until recently, although she has her ups and downs so it's hard to tell. We'll see how the RHVC goes and if there's no improvement we might revisit the cartrophen. I will report back with how she's going. :)

It's the same here for my 10.5 years old Lab. I was told 3 years ago (when she had the cruciate reconstruction) by my vet to get and plan for the routine cartrophen injections post her surgery. Man, it cost so much in the long run. So I never listened and she hasn't had any for years. Throughout that time she occasionally has limps after some runs in the park. But she recovered quickily in a day or 2. I didn't give her any supplements or what so ever and she sleeps outside in Mel cold! So, I was slacking off in taking care of her.

Recently however, I have decided to try Rose Hip and that seems to make the limping go away (not seen it despite having those runs). But, I must say Rose Hip is not cheap either in the long run as she consumes a lot due to her fatness! So I'm always interested to seek details in the terms of long term cost between Rose Hip vs cartrophen.

Edited by Jess the Lab

I use this on my 9 year old labrador, as well as Joint Guard and fish oil tablets (under vet supervision). Within days of starting the rosehip, we noticed a marked improvement in both his disposition and movement. He is much happier and livelier than previously.

I use this on my 9 year old labrador, as well as Joint Guard and fish oil tablets (under vet supervision). Within days of starting the rosehip, we noticed a marked improvement in both his disposition and movement. He is much happier and livelier than previously.

Wow, that's a lot of anti-inflammatory substance. Not sure what your exact conditions are, but it will be worthwhile to see if you can discount Joint Guard & Fish Oil and observe if things are still improving with Rose Hip alone. If it's, you can propose to your vet to discount the former.

We (K9+) also now sell RHVC in the 500mg tub if anyone requires it, posted anywhere in Australia.

We decided to distribute the product after trying it on Dyzney and seeing a remarkable improvement in her happiness and movement by day 5. Seriously amazed. I had her on Sashas Blend and Joint Guard and have now discontinued both.

I am always fairly sceptical when trying anything new, so was not ready to admit seeing such improvements in a hurry, but even my husband could see it. Now I have another of our dogs on it and I am taking the human capsules. absolutely thrilled :thumbsup:

We (K9+) also now sell RHVC in the 500mg tub if anyone requires it, posted anywhere in Australia.

We decided to distribute the product after trying it on Dyzney and seeing a remarkable improvement in her happiness and movement by day 5. Seriously amazed. I had her on Sashas Blend and Joint Guard and have now discontinued both.

I am always fairly sceptical when trying anything new, so was not ready to admit seeing such improvements in a hurry, but even my husband could see it. Now I have another of our dogs on it and I am taking the human capsules. absolutely thrilled :thumbsup:

OOoh will check it out :)

Hi Ososwift, sorry I should also have explained that we have only very recently started stocking RHVC and have yet to put it on our website, hence why I didn't post it.

FYI, we are selling the 500mg tub for $110 including Regular Postage to any Australian destination.

Hope this helps. Cheers :)

Hi Ososwift, sorry I should also have explained that we have only very recently started stocking RHVC and have yet to put it on our website, hence why I didn't post it.

FYI, we are selling the 500mg tub for $110 including Regular Postage to any Australian destination.

Hehehe well that explains that :)

I don't need any for a little bit but will file that info away for when I do, thank you :)

Hehehe well that explains that :)

I don't need any for a little bit but will file that info away for when I do, thank you :)

No probs at all :)

Took my oldie who is 13 in a few short months and been on the RHVC for a while out tracking training yesterday. OMG she was so feral. Tracked at warp speed and I was clearly just an accessory hanging on for the ride.