Neuter Classes

conztruct

Views on neuter classes.  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about Neuter Classes being offered?

• I have a neutered dog and would enter if this class was offered.
    • I don't have a neutered dog but would enter if I had one and the class was offered.
    • I have a neutered dog but would not enter if this class was offered.
    • I don't have a neutered dog but would not enter if I had one and this class was offered.
  2. 2. What state do you live in?

3. 3. I usually show in?

• Regional/Remote Areas
    • Metropolitan/City Areas
    • All areas evenly

We have exhibited two Std Poodles in Neuter class and gained their Neuter Champion titles. They are father and daughter, both titled, one being the only Std Poodle Grand Champion in Victoria for many tears. Both poodles are multiple class in Group and Specialty class in show winners. We consider them both to be good examples of the breed, but for various reasons decided not to continue breeding with their lines. Most judges have been very positive about neuter class and many have questioned why our dogs are desexed, even had an International judge asking the steward why the Neuter could not have been given BOB as she was better than the entire exhibits!

I think that by having Neuter class, it is a way of keeping good dogs in the ring and encouraging new exhibitors who do not want an entire dog, but still wish to show.

Agree.

The only people I know or am aware of who enter neuters are exhibitors who take the opportunity to give their old neutered conformation champions a run.

Dogs that have paid their dues in the real world of dog showing.

Still, showies are much more interested in the veterans s.s than they are the neuter scene.

The veterans actually draw the crowd & the applause & the admiration.

Disagree with you on all points fixer.

As dotdashdot is a perfect example of, there are people out there showing dogs in neuter that haven't got their Ch.

A lot of people are very supportive of neuter classes, including the majority, if not all, the judges I have shown a neuter under.

Many people still stick around for NIS, even though it is the last class to be judged, and I have heard some great cheers for NIS wins.

Which is what a discussion is all about.

I am yet to witness neuter judging draw any appreciative interest, except from those associated with the exhibits.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Years ago I had a bitch who was speyed early for health reasons. She did quite well in competition in the normal classes but didn't get the chance to title (she had a fair share of points, but her health came first). I enjoyed showing her at specialities in Neuter sweepstakes and later showing her in Veterans. Would have been nice to have been able to show her more regularly in neuter classes.

Edited by espinay2

Was the neuter group entry longer than the group entry?

The way it could happen is if one or more entire breeds weren't represented.

Which I have seen.

If that question means 'were there more breeds represented in neuter than entire?', the answer is Yes

I am yet to witness neuter judging draw any appreciative interest, except from those associated with the exhibits.

Why would it draw a crowd its judge during normal breed judging .Its not like there shoved in the naughty corner with a big sign saying don't watch.

Given your other posts i would doubt you watch very much of anything unless its your own breed

Why would it draw a crowd its judge during normal breed judging .Its not like there shoved in the naughty corner with a big sign saying don't watch.

Given your other posts i would doubt you watch very much of anything unless its your own breed

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

reply to showdog.

Wrong again.

I try to see as many rings as time allows.

Although my own breed & group takes preference naturally enough.

Just as an aside.

Most often than not I would enter more dogs in my breed than there are neuters entered in the entire group.

Which I have seen.

If that question means 'were there more breeds represented in neuter than entire?', the answer is Yes

It wasn't a question.

It was a statement about such a curious situation could occur.

You will have to pardon my scepticism though.

Which I have seen.

It wasn't a question.

It was a statement about such a curious situation could occur.

You will have to pardon my scepticism though.

It was a question, there is a question mark in your quote.

Sorry,

But the question is, were there more neuter entries than entire entries.

The statement was an explanation as how the claim of more neuters in their group line up than there were in the entires line up.

I do agree it is possible, but I am sceptical.

However, if the answer to the question is "yes' i'm now more than sceptical, I simply don't believe it.

well if not believing there were more neuters entered in a group than there were entires, i'm afraid I would be.

However,

She didn't actually claim that.

So not yet.

Nice try.

Missed again though.

Edited by fixer

Sorry,

The statement was an explanation as how the claim of more neuters in their group line up than there were in the entires line up.

However, if the answer to the question is "yes' i'm now more than sceptical, I simply don't believe it.

It isn't Rocket science ,the shows are the NT where they don't have big entries full stop but it is well known they have a great neuter show scene up there .

It surely isn't that hard to show some class & be polite or am i being sceptical in thinking that :rofl:

Sorry,

*sigh*

There weren't more neuter entries than entire entries. There were more breeds entered in the neuter class than there were entered in all of the entire classes. So, the line up for Neuter in Group was longer than the line up for BIG.

I really don't care if you believe it or not, a whole show worth of exhibitors have seen it :)

Back to the original topic before we were interrupted:

I have a neuter. I strongly believe in the class..however, when I started in this class, it was more of a 'the oldest one there, took the ribbon'. It was more of a veteran than a correct neuter class. Incorrect coats and presentation of coats and substandard exhibits. (in my opinion) I have seen a good change in the past year, with more lovely dogs entered in the class and tougher competition for class in group. Sometimes the judges muck it up at the end and again, the oldest dog wins..(not the better dog) but we're getting there.

I have a neuter that has her championship in the regular classes. She was neutered when we found out she was hemaphrodite and that was around 2 years old. Judges constantly ask her age....and are quite shocked when they hear..moreso when they ask why she was spayed and we tell them. (no point hiding it...)

I'm as competative in that class as any other....there are more and more exhibits entered when the class is offered and we often see a full line up for Neuter BIS compared to when I started in the class.

For those that scoff at the class...it's not really any differen than any other...why bother with Aussie bred....Why not get rid of intermediate? We used to (I"m told by those in the game longer than I have lived here) have 'state bred' class as a regular class...is that still around anywhere? Classes come, and classes go....and everytime they do, so many get all bent out of shape over it...bottom line like so many other things in life...no one forces you to enter or partake...or even watch....you might not like the class or agree with it....but clearly many others do as we see numbers increase. Time to build a bridge....

Western Australia uses the State class regularly.

They normally have State,Aust & Open except at B&A shows(charity/fundraiser show) its just State & open & our Royal is just State & open

Edited by showdog