Raw Diet To Help Anxiety

Hi,

I have a dog with on going anxiety and noise phobias. It is not separation anxiety.

I have been to a natural or holistic vet in the past and they suggested (amongst other things) lowering carbs in the diet and raising green veggies to help improve vitamin intake etc

I am looking into moving towards a raw diet.

Has anyone had experience with this when it comes to helping anxiety?

Ta

No....but I suppose you could use the same logic that they use on hyperactive children ie. take away the processed foods, the artificial colourings, flavourings and preservatives and the behaviour usually improves.

Don't know how it would apply to fearful behaviours though ....but just changing over to BARF definitely has its benefits.

Thanks Stitch.

I am of the same thoughts. I know it will benefit anyway. They have a good quality diet anyway. Roo meat and Black Hawk. I went over to Black Hawk 6 months back and on Earthborn Coastal Catch before that.

The vets theory is similar to kids etc by raising the amino acids eg. tryptophan and the like could help

ta

It actually works. I applied that advice when I had trouble getting my dog to be less anxious. The vet ordered the same things for Peggy and voila, it worked. After all, a dog eating low carb foods such as raw foods will have less pent up energy,