52 Weeks For Dogs 2013

Panto

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

and Impatiens: as a recent cocker convert it's been wonderful seeing Harvey's adventures from across the ditch

Thanks Leah - I'm looking forward to seeing your pics in next years thread! :thumbsup:

Easy to see why Blue is a foster failure Gertrude! I love the toothy grin! :laugh: Great Christmas outfits - I don't know how you keep the hats on though!

Week 51 - by our "tree" :o

11602065923_cc25fb5474_z.jpg

52-2013-51 by nzalis99, on Flickr

WE had a last blast action photoshoot for the year,

IMG_5885_zps5b3bfbd3.jpg

IMG_5854_zps58000608.jpg

Well done to everydog. Its been a joy to watch Clay growing up into such a graceful, elegant dog. Gertrude your photoskills have been amazing. Impatiens you have such a lovely snuggly boy some photos make me seriously think a spaniel might be in my future. TLC I missed your happy pack pictures. I hope everyone has a safe start to the new year and 2014 brings you much happiness.

Wow, RallyValley! :thumbsup: Great series - and what a wonderful record of Kite's early life!

Go Jake! Love the flying ears! :laugh: I've enjoyed watching Jakes antics over the past year, hankdog - he's got such an expressive face!

Weibritty, it's been great watching Clay grow from a gorgeous puppy to an equally gorgeous adult. :love:

Gertrude, I've loved seeing your beautiful smiling dogs this year and I hope all the dogs you fostered have found the homes they deserve! (we know one did anyway!)

Congratulations on making it to the end everyone! :champagne: And I see we've all signed up for next year! :laugh:

Week 52 - Harvey just found out we are doing it all over again!

11644591735_a1c7ea8d1d_z.jpg

52-2013-52 by nzalis99, on Flickr

!

Thanks for all the kind words about my photography :flower:

I still just see what's wrong with it, I can see I've improved but I still have so far to go until I will be happy with it. Maybe one day I'll get there...

hankdog, I've loved your photos of Jake, I feel like I've really gotten to know his personality and I'm glad I'll get to see his squishy face next year too :D - and now I have a big back yard I don't have to be as jealous of yours! :p

Weibritty, watching Clay grow has been wonderful! I looked back through some of his early photos again and had a good chuckle at the 'all legs' stage :laugh: He is a gorgeous puppy and has grown to be very handsome and obviously very smart too with all the comps you have won. You have just a good eye for photography as well, always stunning photos.

Impatiens, Harvey always brings a smile to my face, sometimes cos he looks like a tortured soul (not more photos :laugh:) sometime for his puppy looks and just generally for his cute, relaxed nature. I have particularly enjoyed your black and white photos, I think you have a real talent for that.

tlc, in case you are still reading, I've missed seeing your guys on here. I'm still astounded at how you can get them all in the same photos and looking at the camera, I can't do it with only two!

I was sad to see so many drop out this year but it's understandable as sometime life gets in the way.

I'll be hoping to be able to complete it properly next year and my challenge for myself will be to move away from the portrait style. I want to focus on overall composition, more action photos, detail photos etc instead of the same old portrait stuff.

To update on the rescues, all but one have found their new forever homes. Sadly Latte (week 28 :cry:) still has not. He suffers the curse of the crossbreed, husky x lab. He is such a wonderful dog with an incredible nature and would suit so many lifestyles/situations. It really isn't fair. He has just completed a whole year in rescue. He did find foster care earlier this year which was so great to get him out of the kennels and into a home but I desperately want him to find his forever. This is his pet rescue profile if anyone wants to share it around My link or FB My link

On the bright side both the longer termers (2 years + each) finally got their forever homes at the end of this year :thumbsup: And they are perfect homes so I am so happy for them.

I got to visit Cookie and Oreo, our first fosters, in their new home when I visited Sydney at the end of November they have settled pretty well and were looking great, it was so good to see them again.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement over the past year. I have really enjoyed all of your photos and I'm so happy I will get to see photos next year too :thumbsup:

Edit - Actually Rubix has also not found a new forever home :( she is with a different rescue so I didn't realise. She is a real sweet girls so I hope it doesn't take too much longer for her.

Edited by Gertrude139

Awww, a bit sad it is our last photo for the year.

I would just like to thank you all for the lovely comments throughout the year.

It has been a real pleasure to get to know you all and your beautiful dogs and the stories behind their photos each week.

I hope you will all join in the new 52/2014 thread which has been started up and hope to continue to see all your wonderful pics.

Have a Happy New Year. :party:

Clay - Week 52/52 2013

11663461673_6bddf42bb3_c.jpg

Happy new year guys, I've loved this thread this year even though I piked out earlier on. I've still kept taking lots of my guys all together but just never seem to find time to get them here.

Leah the secret to my guys hair cuts is to leave the ears and tails the same and only trim the rest of their coats, they get a hair cut about every 8 weeks and I use a guide comb on the clippers so they don't have to be as short as the blade cuts.