52 Weeks For Dogs 2013

Panto

I'm new to this, so I welcome advice from experienced hands...

Below I've quoted the first two posts from the 2012 thread to get things started, happy to add links and amend this first post (as Shell has done for the previous year) for easy referencing.

2013: (not too late to join at anytime, pls PM me if I don't respond in thread and I will update this first post with joiners)

Panto with fur-Panto

Weibritty with Little Miss Peach

Gertrude139 with Salt & Athena & various rescues

Minimax with Max & Boston

tlc with her 4 all in the one shot

MTD with Oliver and Maggie

Hankdog with Jake

dogfan with Abbey

Impatiens with Harvey

ktig with Paddington

Salukibel with Bella

52 weeks for dogs is a flickr group that can be joined but as we have learned in the past, not everyone is welcome so we run our own here on DOL and in a special DOL 52 weeks for dogs flickr group.

The orginal group is here: http://www.flickr.co...s/52weeks4dogs/

The special DOL group is here: http://www.flickr.co...ol52weeksofdog/

Another flickr group that can be joined by everyone is here: http://www.flickr.co.../52weeksofdogs/

If you post or PM me the name of the dog you intend to photograph this year and a link to your album for it, I'll start putting names down here:

~*Shell*~ with Zero

Snook with Justice

Ellazpupz with "as-yet-un-named-mini-poodle-pup" (coming home in February!)

DogSportObsessed with Jess

DogSportObsessed with Bailey

Anniek with Phoebe

Helen with Tilly

ktig with Paddington

tlc with Lacy Jayd

Rozzie with Jezebel

Esky The Husky with Esky

Monet n Diva's Mum with Benson, Diva and Monet

Lovemesideways with Roscoe and Riddick

KumaAkita with Kuma

For some reason those links aren't working for me Shell. I've added the links again in this post so hopefully they're okay.

52 Weeks for Dogs - Original Group

52 Weeks of Dogs - DOL Group

I'm not sure if this is the same group you posted the link for or not Shell but it's the biggest group I could find, other than the original, with 52 Weeks for Dogs

52 Weeks for Dogs - Group that can be joined by everyone

Edited by Panto

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll be shooting fur-Panto, who turns 11 in september this year. I'm hoping to get to know my nikon D80 better, and currently use picasa.

Hoping I evolve throughout the year amd hope to make up a book at the end of the year.

I really want to do this this year but not sure I want to commit again, Ive done it the last 3 years only finishing two all the way through, we technically only one as I haven't done Lacys final photo. :laugh: I sometimes feel bad as I make do some weeks with an iphone snap as life just gets in the way. I guess I have a week to decide.

I really want to do this this year but not sure I want to commit again, Ive done it the last 3 years only finishing two all the way through, we technically only one as I haven't done Lacys final photo. :laugh: I sometimes feel bad as I make do some weeks with an iphone snap as life just gets in the way. I guess I have a week to decide.

would it be blasphemous to do a year of iphone snaps? :provoke:

I really want to do this challenge becasue I have decided I want to learn to take better photos. I don't think I have taken a decent photo my entire life but I really enjoy looking at other peoples photography and I know what I want to capture just not how to do it. I know the only way I can get better is to start taking photos but I don' t think I will stick with it unless I do a challenge.

I am hoping that if I were to participate in this challenge other might be able to give me tips on how to do it better? My only goal is to improve and hopefully get some nice shots of my dogs, I don't think I will ever be great at it.

If everyone thinks they can put up with some potentially horrendous photos for a bit (hopefully not too long) I would like to have a go. You can always put me on ignore if you can't bear to see them anymore!

I'm planning a year of instagram or phone shots lol

Maybe I'll even get unlazy and dig out a real camera at some point, Maybe even my old old dlsr!

Edited by minimax

:laugh: Thats why i started the iphoneopgraphy thread, I am always snapping things on my iPhone!

I have decided whether it be iphone or regular camera I am going to do it, but my challenge to myself is going to be all four of mine together. So my first shot for the year will be one from my iPhone.

1/52

untitled1of1_zpse6408ca4.jpg

1/52 part 2

untitled1of1-2_zpsc3bc6ae9.jpg

nice work tlc! love how you're able to line them all up together.

Yay we have joiners!

I will update the first post on monday with who is shooting who for the year.

Gertrude how many dogs do you have? Don't see why you need to keep to same dog if you have one or more, just let me know how you want to do it and I'll post that. eg. Gertrude with dog 1/dog2/dog 3 like that, as opposed to panto with (fur)panto :laugh:

OK I'm in for this years 52 Weeks 2013. It's nice to be back after missing 2012 52 weeks.

I've decided to photograph my new pup. My lovely girl Cedar recently gave birth to four gorgeous pups however as they are only 5 weeks old we haven't decided which one we are keeping, so until we do I will put a photo up of my potential picks from the litter, until we decide.

So for Week 1/52 Weeks 2013 - Little Miss Peach

8344836924_5b5de8424f_b.jpg

Edited by Weibritty

I only have 2 dogs but I usually visit a kennel on weekends and take rescue dogs out for a play session and I was going to practise on them. Then if I manage to get anything good the rescue's can use them for profile pics if they want to.

But that will mean an unknown stream of dogs.

If it's too difficult I can just make sure I always have a suitable photo of one of mine every week.

So since my lens appears to have had a fatal error yesterday and I didn't get any photo's of my dogs yet I won't be doing one of my own dogs.

I would like to do a different rescue dog each week but since I probably won't get out to the kennels every weekend I think there will be a few of my two as well.

1/52 - Shyla

8348432851_1d136e7578.jpg