If You Are Not With Your Dogs

Staffyluv

Guest Clover

I've certainly approached strangers to ask about their dogs.

Last time it was was a heavily tattoed and muscled guy who had a Boerbel. I asked him what the dog's breeding was. And yes, I got a pat too. :)

Of the dog that is. :o

Sorry, I got a mental image of you scratching a large muscly tattooed guy behind the ears and him flopping down on the ground like dogs do... :laugh:

Me too :rofl:.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends. I most certainly will ask first.

Must admit I love 99% of all dogs /puppies but will go out of my way for a BC. Bias, I know. Whatever it takes to catch up to the owner, especially if they resemble mine. Tragically embarrassing, yes.. :laugh:

I love to steal a cuddle of a swf or anything fluffy. Sammy, JS or alike. Then again I also love the grey's :)

Edited by BC Crazy

I just love all dogs :laugh: . I think from working in a pound I got so used to dealing with so many different ones every day it is just natural for me to talk to them, say hello etc, if they seem happy for me to approach. We have quite a few APBT near me so I always take the chance to cuddle them :love: and then tell the owner to keep them out of sight.:(

Edited by Aussie3

Oh yes! Naturally I am always keen to have a yarn with other Whippet people, Greyhound people too.....Having had a long assosciation with Labbies and previously with Golden Retrievers too (many moons ago) I am always keen to have a chat with their owners and the dogs too!

I also enjoy chatting with other owners and dogs who are 'on the road' in a motorhome or caravan like me, there are quite a few of us who travel with our dogs, many are full timers too.

Annie

I've certainly approached strangers to ask about their dogs.

Last time it was was a heavily tattoed and muscled guy who had a Boerbel. I asked him what the dog's breeding was. And yes, I got a pat too. :)

Of the dog that is. :o

Sorry, I got a mental image of you scratching a large muscly tattooed guy behind the ears and him flopping down on the ground like dogs do... :laugh:

Me too :rofl:.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Same here!

Yes I always ask for a pat. I live in a highly populated doggy suburb so just nicking down the shops to buy some milk can take an hour or two, especially on Saturday mornings when everyone is out and about.

I do say hi to random dogs but of course I ask permission from owners. Maybe their dogs have aggression problems so I have to take precaution always. I've had bad encounters with some stray dogs that I said hi to as a kid and I learned from that. :D

I love all dogs and if I see one that seems interested in me first then I will always say hello to the owner and ask about the dog and usually they will ask me if I want to pat them. I never ask for a cuddle (even if desperate) and rarely ask to pat them myself - just wait and see if it is offered.

If its a puppy I am physically unable to restrain myself from crossing a very busy road and gush nauseatingly. I'm sure it's a medically recognised syndrome of some sort. Totally out of my control

Yes, absolutely! However not every dog I come accross, usually just the ones who are actively trying to get my attention as I walk past or something lol. I own a nervous dog who would not like to be touched by strangers so I'm conscious of that but if there is a dog wiggling on the end of it's lead for a pat I will always ask the owners and do so if they say it's okay :)

Edited by Skitch

Guest crickets

not usually. Most of the time I am not with my dogs I am with a lot of other dogs. I cherish my 'no dog time' and don't generally seek out other dogs during any 'dog free' time

I always say hello to dogs that I walk past. And may even say something nice about the dog to the owner.

Especially if they are Tibbies :laugh:

If its a puppy I am physically unable to restrain myself from crossing a very busy road and gush nauseatingly. I'm sure it's a medically recognised syndrome of some sort. Totally out of my control

Simnply Scrumptious Syndrome :D

I've been at it again....this is Hank, a 4 month old Irish Terrier..... :love: He lives just around the corner from me so more puppy licks and cuddles to come!

d4551867a6713b9ea47399ed6bce7ece.jpg

Now he would be impossible to resist.

not usually. Most of the time I am not with my dogs I am with a lot of other dogs. I cherish my 'no dog time' and don't generally seek out other dogs during any 'dog free' time

Actually, I get that too. Although I have the above SSSyndrome.

Yes, I love doggies, always ask first naturally. A lot of times I don't have a choice, dogs seem to gravitate towards me, if I'm sitting outside having a coffee & dog is being walked, it comes straight over to me. Even Xmas day, I was at a lunch & this beautiful boxer spent the whole time with me, ignoring his owner. Maybe they realise I'm an easy touch & spoil dogs. :laugh:

I'm always keen but will let the dog and owner make "it's welcome " signals. When I was between dogs I was pretty pathetic, crossing roads to get a brief pat and even bursting into tears when I saw a dog that reminded me of the old man.

I always say hello to dogs that I walk past. And may even say something nice about the dog to the owner.

Especially if they are Tibbies :laugh:

You'd be proud of me, DD. All dogs get a 'Hello!' from me. Today I walked past a young man with 2 hugely happy bully type dogs at his feet & holding a baby Shih Tzu. I said 'Hello, happy guys!' to the bully types & told the young man his little one is gorgeous.