Att Ckcs Breeders

Shakti

Just saw an ad on a pets for sale site with someone offering a blenheim CKCS puppy for sale. They are claiming they bought two puppies from a breeder in Melbourne last week but can only keep one so are selling the second puppy for $795 - the price they say they paid for him.

If anyone on here sold two CKCS puppies last week or within a short time frame msg me and I will give you the few details I have.

Just saw an ad on a pets for sale site with someone offering a blenheim CKCS puppy for sale. They are claiming they bought two puppies from a breeder in Melbourne last week but can only keep one so are selling the second puppy for $795 - the price they say they paid for him.

If anyone on here sold two CKCS puppies last week or within a short time frame msg me and I will give you the few details I have.

maybe Trading Post item # TP005491802

Gosh you think they would have known how many they could have before they bought 2 of them :(

The breeders I have dealt with have always said if for some reason they cant be kept, they will take them back, altho this person probably wants to recoup their money i guess..

Edited by Jules♥Cavs

I think I met this puppy today at my pet shop. Story sounds the same. Family came home from the breeder with two pups, dad put his foot down and said one only.

The pup is now with an experienced CKCS owner, who will do the best by him. She had just picked him up and was buying supplied from my wonderful local shop.

Just because they say they got them from a 'breeder' doesn't mean it was a registered breeder, or even a good breeder. I don't know many breeders who would sell two puppies to the same person at the same time.

Why on earth not ? Many of my puppies are in happy homes in pairs. They love it having a litter mate with them & new owners are delighted in how quickly they settle together.

Most of my pups go to people who have already had poodles so are familiar with the breed & have had some dog experience.

Just because they say they got them from a 'breeder' doesn't mean it was a registered breeder, or even a good breeder. I don't know many breeders who would sell two puppies to the same person at the same time.

Why on earth not ? Many of my puppies are in happy homes in pairs. They love it having a litter mate with them & new owners are delighted in how quickly they settle together.

Most of my pups go to people who have already had poodles so are familiar with the breed & have had some dog experience.

I've heard (and seen!) some horror stories though, with owners unable to control either of them, or the dogs bonded so strongly to each other that they don't bond well with their owner.

Obviously it depends on the owner, but many people struggle training one puppy - two is more than twice as hard!

Some people just don't think things through properly. :( Glad the little guy is being looked after, sure he will get a lovely forever home soon.

I personally would hesitate as a Cavalier Breeder to sell two puppies from the same litter for two reasons.

1. They will be so bonded that if something happens to one the other could get quite stressed and ill...

secondly the waiting list for a Cavalier from a Registered breeder that health tests can be quite long and I like to share the Cavvy love around. :D

Edited by LizT