Pound Rounds

Dam nerve PR sending this email around.

It has been confirmed that these dogs will be killed today at COB if not urgently taken out Blacktown

All human friendly of course.

6709 tries to escape out of kennel when being put back in – or feeding or cleaning – loves dogs and loves to play

6244 fence jumper – bred to death basically

6189 ridgey - old

6913 scooby dog reactive

6359 thought to be fence jumper dog reactive

5997 Gus timid now dog reactive after months and months in pound – but did share kennel with 2 other dogs in that time

5916 owen – troubled but we wonder how much is a result of his brother leaving and his 3 months of impoundment

Melanie

J

Mobile: 0408 808 405

Email: [email protected]

www.facebook.com/PoundRoundsAustralia

Obviously she feels that all these dogs are rehomable......and would make really nice family pets....and yes maybe they might but :mad:mad

Edited by keetamouse

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An 'am staff' that is not good with other dogs and jumps fences.... Yep, great idea rehoming that one. Surely the pound should grow a set and declare the dog not suitable for rehoming?

Pounds are legally allowed to dispose of dogs however they like (unfortunately). It is Pound Rounds who are making the emotive claims about the dogs and promoting them as pets.

The pound should not deal with dodgy orgs like pound rounds. Does any council really want dogs like 6359 jumping fences in their streets and running off lead in their parks?

I got that email too, I dont know how they got my email address :shrug:

It wouldnt surprise me if they posted replies from other groups especially if they are unable to help those particular dogs as a way of proving their point that other rescues only take the cute fluffies

I'm pretty sure they got my email address from the Hawkesbury mailing list... seeing as it's the only public one that has it... and you can see ALL email addresses it's sent to.

Just what I need - PR telling me what I already know... that there are dogs in pounds... *sigh*

T.

Well I got it too and will be replying and making it very clear that I do not agree with dog aggressive dogs being rescued and inflicted on the community - ESPECIALLY when they jump fences, FFS.

Nice dogs are put to sleep all the time sadly. Why anyone thinks it is ethical and right to rescue dogs like this, I have no idea.

PR are a menace to society.

I'm thinking of politely asking to be taken off their mailing list...

ETA: This is what I've sent them...

Hi there,

Can my email address please be removed from your mailing list? It is actually not a public contact email address, and has only been given to certain pounds so that I can keep abreast of their needies myself.

Thank you,

T.

Edited by tdierikx

I'm thinking of politely asking to be taken off their mailing list...

ETA: This is what I've sent them...

Hi there,

Can my email address please be removed from your mailing list? It is actually not a public contact email address, and has only been given to certain pounds so that I can keep abreast of their needies myself.

Thank you,

T.

Very polite email! I would have been blunter, lol.

Here's my reply:

As a rescuer I watch the pounds all the time. I am an ethical rescuer and do not agree that DA dogs should be rescued/rehomed, ESPECIALLY when they jump fences. This is a huge risk to the community at large and particularly the case in strong powerful dogs. If the pounds were operating with due diligence, they would not be releasing these animals at all. I have major concerns about ANY rescue group that takes these types of dogs on – do they do homechecks? Do they check the abilities/habits of the new owners (ie do they take the dog to a dog park, let it off the lead and so on)? Are they 100% sure that these dogs will NEVER be in a situation where they can attack another animal or a person who tries to defend their pet from attack? Only then could it be remotely acceptable and is almost beyond the realms of possibility to cover every scenario.

Please move my email address from your mailing list – I wish to have no communication or association whatsoever with you personally or Pound Rounds.

Can they really not be stopped, they are dangerous :mad

How about Blacktown press? Could the council be embarressed into having nothing to do with them if the dangers of one of these DA dogs escaping is pointed out to them?

I really want to slap this person, its so frustrating!!!!

Edited by juice

Can they really not be stopped, they are dangerous :mad

How about Blacktown press? Could the council be embarressed into having nothing to do with them if the dangers of one of these DA dogs escaping is pointed out to them?

I really want to slap this person, its so frustrating!!!!

No they really cant be stopped - as it stands what is going on is legal and there is no accountability. Blacktown Pound must love them because they are keeping their kill rates down .

There are several groups with lots of power who have been advocating for law changes for rescue in NSW and its difficult to see how it isnt going to happen.If someone were putting together evidence to show cause as to why the system needs to be changed and reascue needs to be more heavily legislated this is certainly one group which would give them all they needed and they dont even have to look hard - its all out in the open.

Steve - policing CURRENT laws might be a start - we know that PR are flaunting enough current laws and regs already, but no-one with the power seems willing or able to call them on it.

T.

What current laws are they flaunting?

They are not a rescue group and their response says that they find rescue groups to get the dogs into foster care. They are a go between. Things were working OK before they appeared - a rescue group rescued a dog from the pound and placed it with one of their approved carers.

Here we have a group that advertises for foster carers for other groups. Unfortunately not every group is diligent enough to check the suitability of said foster carers and they have never met or assessed the dog that is being sent so may end up with a fence jumping, dog aggressive pitbull.

Edited by dogmad