Pound Rounds

I refuse to interact with MN - the woman has some serious issues.

Not to mention her verbal diarrhea, spewed at anyone that dares disagree or question with her.

and not to mention the insulting manner in which she does it

Last night I had a few too many and couldn't help but write this........

another OFF comment courtesy of Mel. A human repellent, that's what you are. You display a total lack of respect to anyone with your denigrating retorts. And I do believe you have a superiority complex. I have absolutely no idea what gripe you have with DOL, but I'm sure if you got kicked off of the forum, it's because you are vile and obnoxious and have no sense of how to communicate without being abrasive and repugnant. Your higher education obviously did not teach you about diplomacy. You are judgmental and you view things in black and white only. I think if I ever met you, I couldn't hold back and vomit in your face.

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been reading this thread (not all of it) because I stumbles upon DOL forums beware fb page. I've had a bit of a run in with Mel Norman myself there. I am curious to know, is Pound Rounds a registered charity? Sorry I don't know how it works with rescues.

BTW, the woman is totally delusional. She called me an industry and basically blamed me and every other breeder for creating the problem of dogs being in the pound.

Yes.

They have a charitable fundraising licence link

and are a charitible insitituition with deductible gift recipient status link

I've been reading this thread (not all of it) because I stumbles upon DOL forums beware fb page. I've had a bit of a run in with Mel Norman myself there. I am curious to know, is Pound Rounds a registered charity? Sorry I don't know how it works with rescues.

BTW, the woman is totally delusional. She called me an industry and basically blamed me and every other breeder for creating the problem of dogs being in the pound.

Yes.

They have a charitable fundraising licence link

and are a charitible insitituition with deductible gift recipient status link

I hope they didn't get that on the basis of being a rescue, because they have finally admitted they aren't...

This is why PR says Venna has been in the pound for so long...drumroll

Venna is one of the longest serving residents at Blacktown - because she is a brindle and not too keen on other dogs. Venna loves her hoomans though so please get in touch about Venna - PM us a number or email XXXXXXXXXX with a number to save Venna

I am quite sure that is the reason and not the not too keen on other dogs section of the sentence.

ETA: I am just print screening all of it, just in case :laugh:

Where was that?

Here it is, posted on 22 December:

Venna is one of the longest serving residents at Blacktown - because she is a brindle and not too keen on other dogs. Venna loves her hoomans though so please get in touch about Venna - PM us a number or email [email protected] with a number to save Vennas

I did see this though:

These doggies all located in the kill list and urgent albums for Hawkesbury and Blacktown pounds. They are all due to be killed or at the very least are taking up a kennel in pounds that will result in another dog being killed. More brindle dogs are killed than any other. Brindle is the mark of death for so many. Pound Rounds wants your help to turn t

he tide of fate around for these brindle babies. They need you more than any pomeranian ever will. Brindle is the least likely colour to be rescued, adopted or fostered. Colour - dogs being killed on colour alone just seems wrong to us - especially when nature has come together to bring out the very best stripes and highlights and tints in these adorable loving dogs. Nature is a talented hairdresser - a colour technician and she has blessed these doggies with natures highlights, please help us show the world their beautiful eyes - look into your heart and help a brindle baby today - the pounds true underdogs - in every sense of the word.

I don't understand how they can hold a clause 16D but not be a rescue. I need to get some ducks lined up but in the meantime I'm copying everything that looks relevant.

You and the rest of us!

When you apply for a Clause 16D it requires a great deal of information, it is hours of work but you also have to provide annual reports to the DLG. I cannot see how PR can have a Clause 16D and maintain it.

I think there has to be a way to sort this, if we can all work together and split the workload. I have a bit of time spare at the moment.

Yes me too, so I am happy to help. I can even go to the pound as its not that far away.

There are multiple dogs at Blacktown which have been held over for a long period of time and I don't know when they make the decision to put a dog to sleep. But some dogs get rescue/adoption straight away so you have to wonder why some dogs are left there for so long, especially when they get hundreds of shares on facebook and donations from PR.

At Blacktown:

If they are found with a microchip they are held for 14 days. During that time you can place an EOI to buy the dog

If they are found without a microchip they are held for 7 days. During that time you can place an EOI to buy the dog

A surrender is available for adoption right away.

I have called Blacktown a few times re dogs temperaments and they didn't give out info over the phone.

Edited by spotty.spot.spot

Did anybody call BAHF and ask about the dog? I only just saw this thread but the pound closes at 4:30pm, making it too late for me to phone

The dog in question was removed from the website earlier today as far as I can tell

Yes, dog is no longer there.

I'll see what their obligations are in terms of providing financial records to the public, if they have to I'm going to ask for it. If they have to give receipts for donations over a certain amount they better be doing that too.

Looks like that bit about not being good with other dogs has been edited out, at least from the link. I'll keep looking it might be tucked away somewhere.

1358475710[/url]' post='6092268']

What I don't understand is why people donate money to the organisation when the dog is still in the pound, often months on end? I would not give them money as there is no update on where the money goes. Here, money goes directly to the rescue group who has the dog.

Or am I just reading too much into it and to everyone else it's as clear as mud?

There was a bunch of people posting the other day along the lines of - who cares where the money goes as long it goes to a needy dog? confused.gif I personally would care if I donated, but still as you say who knows where it goes. Dodgy!

I'll see what their obligations are in terms of providing financial records to the public, if they have to I'm going to ask for it. If they have to give receipts for donations over a certain amount they better be doing that too.

Looks like that bit about not being good with other dogs has been edited out, at least from the link. I'll keep looking it might be tucked away somewhere.

They have to provide their annual audits from the past 7 years, within 30 days, to any member of the public when requested

It is written here and I will look for where else. They have so much stuff on their page it takes ages to go through.

post-17129-0-16304200-1358495583_thumb.png

Edited by spotty.spot.spot

Thanks, I'll go ask :thumbsup: have you got a link to the act that says it is a requirement so I can fully document it all.

My link

On this link click on the PDF called "Access to Information" under the section "Charity Fact sheets and Guidelines".

It is actually very well written and easy to understand exactly what they have to make public.

Be aware they can charge you a small fee for this info, I am prepared to pay it. Here is the email I have sent them.

Pound Rounds

9 Brisbane Pl

Cromer NSW 2099

18/01/2013

To whom it may concern;

I request a copy of the following documents with reference to your Charitable Fundraising Number 22083.

The last annual audited statement of accounts

The organisations objects and constitution

The names, qualifications and occupations of the members of the governing body of the organisation

Please forward these documents to my email

Since they are listed as being an other unincorporated entity does that mean they need to have a constitution and meetings? I'm so behind in all these regs so if anyone has the links handy it is appreciated, I don't want to use the right ones.

On that link I put up also look at "Incorporation and change of name" it explains some basics of incorporation

Thanks, I'll go ask :thumbsup: have you got a link to the act that says it is a requirement so I can fully document it all.

My link

On this link click on the PDF called "Access to Information" under the section "Charity Fact sheets and Guidelines".

It is actually very well written and easy to understand exactly what they have to make public.

Be aware they can charge you a small fee for this info, I am prepared to pay it. Here is the email I have sent them.

Pound Rounds

9 Brisbane Pl

Cromer NSW 2099

18/01/2013

To whom it may concern;

I request a copy of the following documents with reference to your Charitable Fundraising Number 22083.

The last annual audited statement of accounts

The organisations objects and constitution

The names, qualifications and occupations of the members of the governing body of the organisation

Please forward these documents to my email

Thanks, that is a big help and I'll do the same :thumbsup: I hope their books are all in order!