Pound Rounds

If I miss anything let me know, I'm starting with requesting the accounts and will give them the allowed time limit and then go from there. Heather is back BTW :laugh:

After Heathers psychotic break I can't see some posts, is it just me or have they stopped people writing on their wall?

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Help! Just posted a question and accidentally did it twice - how do I delete or edit the post on FB?

This is what I asked: PR, can you please explain why a foster requires a rescue group? Also, if I donated money to save this dog, where does the money go if the dog remains in the pound?. I'm sure it will be deleted, ignored, or they will give me their standard answer...

Ha! Well blow me down with a feather but my question disappeared, so too did the questions from other people regarding them needing rescue groups to foster dogs!

Hmm...methinks that if perhaps if it wasn't posted here, it may not have been deleted?? Or am I being paranoid?

If I miss anything let me know, I'm starting with requesting the accounts and will give them the allowed time limit and then go from there. Heather is back BTW :laugh:

After Heathers psychotic break I can't see some posts, is it just me or have they stopped people writing on their wall?

yep, they stopped it after I asked about a little dog that got killed by a PR rescue.

they responded by saying that person that adopted was told the dog had issues but wanted it anyway and they left it outside alone with the little dog.

I asked, Is that not irresponsible placement?

then ALL the posts by others disappeared

Edited by Puppoochi

I'm fine with PR knowing what I post.

:thumbsup:

I know, Jo, I trust you won't miss a trick :)

Just not sure whether some of the other things on FB and then maybe here are getting grey around the edges, don't want Troy (the real Troy) to have any more issues than he needs to...

ETA Sorry Poochmad, we posted at the same time. I know it's obvious to you but I'm not sure about newer people reading/getting involved in this PR thing.

I'm off to see if I've had a response to my post this morning - don't they watch their own FB site through the day, if they're asking for responses and donations etc?

Edited by Katdogs

yep, they stopped it after I asked about a little dog that got killed by a PR rescue.

they responded by saying that person that adopted was told the dog had issues but wanted it anyway and they left it outside alone with the little dog.

Damn it! Now I will never know my answer! :laugh:

They can't be watching it 24 straight so screenshot things as soon as you see it. Why would an organisation with nothing to hide delete so many posts? You would think that with all the donations they get they'd be more transparent.

You gotta read the FAQ's!! They explain everything about their fundraising.

:rofl:

ETA Sorry Poochmad, we posted at the same time. I know it's obvious to you but I'm not sure about newer people reading/getting involved in this PR thing.

I'm off to see if I've had a response to my post this morning - don't they watch their own FB site through the day, if they're asking for responses and donations etc?

No probs.

I don't think they need to keep an eye on there for 'negative' posts...I mean, it's pretty easy to become a member here, isn't it?

Now, we just need to work out which room it was and whether it was Plum with the knife or gun?

Edited by poochmad

Ta.

The reason I was asking because it's confusing whether the dog is due to be PTS or whether it's in a holding cell waiting to be purchased. I was wondering if they (PR) were listing any dog on the website regardless of the dog's status.

ETA: I note that on the urgent dog rescues on here, the same dog as listed on PR facebook page - number PC25 is also listed as on the PTS list...so I guess the dog is at risk.

However, it still doesn't show on PR where the money goes - if money is given and the dog is not rescued, then where does it go? Shouldn't the money collected for that dog, go to that dog? Or, do they get around this issue by saying: they need a rescue (i.e. a kennel) to take the dog out of the pound?

I am not that familiar with BCC though I know Holroyd council have a "no kill/low kill" policy with BCC. Holroyd dogs have a huge amount more time impounded. At HP the dogs remain on the site until they leave the shelter, some may be urgent, others are safe though the site is designed for owners who are looking for their pets. The euth list for HP dogs comes on a monday, it is absolutely clear which dogs are urgent and those who are not. There is no excuse for PR to post pics on their site and make up dribble in an effort to raise money.

Problem is the general public do not know any better. As any and all questions/concerns are deleted most people are in the dark.

PR's have listed NFS dogs on their FB site and fundraised for them. These dogs were never to be released. PR's have pulled RTRO dogs out under their clause and then put those dogs immediately into homes.

They have fundraised endlessly for dogs which have left the shelter with other rescues, when made aware of this they continue to list them as urgent/fundraise.

God only knows where the money goes, certainly not to the ethical rescues who take the dogs.

There have been some very interesting developments in the past few days. Serious stuff.

This is BS, I am not suprised by the response to you though. The lady was "fostering" the dog for PR's, it has since bounced through god knows how many kennels due to behavioural issues. MN is and was FULLY aware of the issues, she is still trying to rehome this dog without disclosure of the issues.

Following the story of the dog from yesterday, PR advertised the dog as not to be rehomed with other dogs. Someone asked why because she wanted to foster but had two dogs. PR responded that the dog had been listed as such because it had been in the pound for so long and could be reactive. I believe the dog was taken from the pound by PR with 'thanks' to the woman who put up her hand.