Pound Rounds

^ this ^

This thread and the Facebook pages are a disgusting blight on rescue.

Rescue has become a sham on DOL. Sure PR might be doing things in a way that is not welcomed, appropriate or even correct, but the petty battles being waged here and elsewhere have done more damage to rescue than anything ever before or anything any one group could do.

It's sickening.

I don't believe people should shut up and not act, when dogs are being failed by the very groups created to help them, just because some see bickering as a blight.

Besides which, until I see a decrease in adoptions or foster carer applications, I would say that discussions like this have no impact on rescue as a whole. The actions of reckless and irresponsible groups, however, do.

^^ What he said plus this is a last resort, a last attempt at educating the public and letting our voices be heard. Ethical rescuers want people to know that the way PR operates is NOT normal and NOT considered a standard in rescue. We want to be heard loud and clear. The libel would be nice to leave out, but most of what I have seen from ethical, mature rescuers is defence against it.

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PR have chosen to do their PR via facebook so have millions of other buinesses but few would allow negative comments to remain which could affect their ability to fundraise.

I dont want to be in a situation where Im defending PR Im simply saying that is an acceptable explanation for me and I understand their position.

The true followers ignore the negative pages, I know of people that have gone for a meet and greet to their facilities and when asked if they saw the pages they said "yeah but I wasn't going to make up my mind before actually seeing for myself", if people want the truth they will find out 1st hand, not through 2nd or 3rd hand parties.

So if anyone asks they are able to visit the facilities?

I would ask them, but I don't see them saying no considering they have people come to check out dogs on a regular basis, not to mention they have people that come specifically to walk the dogs, wouldn't make sense to say no.

How can there be kill lists, PR promote themselves as having made blacktown a no kill shelter?

Dogs go on the kill list from the pounds, PR promote the dogs all week, if they aren't homed they take them out before they are killed thursday afternoon.

How can there be kill lists, PR promote themselves as having made blacktown a no kill shelter?

Dogs go on the kill list from the pounds, PR promote the dogs all week, if they aren't homed they take them out before they are killed thursday afternoon.

So they aren't no kill shelters.

PR have chosen to do their PR via facebook so have millions of other buinesses but few would allow negative comments to remain which could affect their ability to fundraise.

I dont want to be in a situation where Im defending PR Im simply saying that is an acceptable explanation for me and I understand their position.

The true followers ignore the negative pages, I know of people that have gone for a meet and greet to their facilities and when asked if they saw the pages they said "yeah but I wasn't going to make up my mind before actually seeing for myself", if people want the truth they will find out 1st hand, not through 2nd or 3rd hand parties.

So if anyone asks they are able to visit the facilities?

I would ask them, but I don't see them saying no considering they have people come to check out dogs on a regular basis, not to mention they have people that come specifically to walk the dogs, wouldn't make sense to say no.

What if they refuse? They shouldn't right, since everything is fine there.

Dogs go on the kill list from the pounds

No Kill shelters do not have kill lists.

, PR promote the dogs all week, if they aren't homed they take them out before they are killed thursday afternoon.

Anyone, everywhere, can also do this. If they believe in warehousing animals, placing animals in incompatible homes, or otherwise giving a bad quality of life.

With 22k likers @ $1 a week they should be able to run efficiently, instead they have not paid rent....see latest posting on the Beware page.

How do you know their rent is unpaid? the person who was meant to be looking after the dogs at STAR was behind in rent TO pound rounds, not pound rounds themselves.

Not all their likers pay money, I liked the page and haven't given them a cent. Not sure who came up with that conclusion.

Also not sure how they could be making that money while at the same time being in debt 0_o.

Although 1 of the original members got the boot for stealing money, maybe those rumours are left over from those days.

I agree Tboils, why on earth would they be behind with a bit of rent when they are raking in money at a frigtening rate? Could it be that funds are being diverted to the wrong place?

They'd better investigate very quickly ... It would be costing a fortune for all those special trainers needed to retrain the aggressive dogs they have. I still don't believe that can be done but I guess you can spend a lot of money trying?

, PR promote the dogs all week, if they aren't homed they take them out before they are killed thursday afternoon.

Anyone, everywhere, can also do this. If they believe in warehousing animals, placing animals in incompatible homes, or otherwise giving a bad quality of life.

Have you personally seen the facilities? I suggest you look for yourself.

Have you?

Which facilities are we discussing here? I'd like clarification here so I can be clear when I ask where I would like to visit. :)

I agree Tboils, why on earth would they be behind with a bit of rent when they are raking in money at a frigtening rate? Could it be that funds are being diverted to the wrong place?

I would love to see proof that they are behind, by the way I heard you're behind on some bills, prove that you aren't, see how that works?

Too many people making up dribble and people are lapping it up like it's proven fact, all I ask is proof of such allegations before assuming it's the case.

Edited by Tbroils

Have you?

Actually yes, best facilities I've seen, I haven't seen inside the pounds, but I have seen other shelters.

If the dogs are never in danger of being killed (since they are in a no kill shelter) why all the emotive language about needing money to save them from death? and the urgent pleas for money to save them?

Agree. This one of my main concerns.

I understand the desire to save animals, but the way the pleas are done (and I will use Anne's word here) is sickening. Some people obviously don't have much money but are coerced into donating due to the 'plight of the dogs'. I don't know how you can sleep at night.

I've never seen a 'rescue' behave like this.

It reminds me of a scam like a pyramid scheme. :(

I almost feel sorry for you. There is proof, 1000% proof. I'm obviously not going to post it here but you know where it is.

Yes I found it quite odd someone would take pictures of them not doing their job, then share them on the internet.

Also the "they weren't taken on property" comments were pretty hilarious, I wish I could get a camera that sees around walls and through cages at dogs.