Pound Rounds

This is why PR says Venna has been in the pound for so long...drumroll

Venna is one of the longest serving residents at Blacktown - because she is a brindle and not too keen on other dogs. Venna loves her hoomans though so please get in touch about Venna - PM us a number or email XXXXXXXXXX with a number to save Venna

I am quite sure that is the reason and not the not too keen on other dogs section of the sentence.

ETA: I am just print screening all of it, just in case :laugh:

Where was that?

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused how the DOL forum software knows who members of PR are so they're unable to post here. That's some mighty clever BB coding.

Really? How do you know that?

Mel Norman says so in response to a post on that DOL Forums Beware FB page.

I don't understand how they can hold a clause 16D but not be a rescue. I need to get some ducks lined up but in the meantime I'm copying everything that looks relevant.

You and the rest of us!

When you apply for a Clause 16D it requires a great deal of information, it is hours of work but you also have to provide annual reports to the DLG. I cannot see how PR can have a Clause 16D and maintain it.

Edited by dogmad

I don't understand how they can hold a clause 16D but not be a rescue. I need to get some ducks lined up but in the meantime I'm copying everything that looks relevant.

You and the rest of us!

When you apply for a Clause 16D it requires a great deal of information, it is hours of work but you also have to provide annual reports to the DLG. I cannot see how PR can have a Clause 16D and maintain it.

I think there has to be a way to sort this, if we can all work together and split the workload. I have a bit of time spare at the moment.

She is still there because she is only to be released to rescue and one hasn't taken her. Is it standard routine for dogs to be held for 34-80 days by the pound? I didn't think it would be. The dog has been there since Oct, is that a pound thing or is PR funding it? Can they pay for the kenneling in a pound, or is it private kennels that they refer to when they ask for donations for kenneling?

The comments I was reading on the PR facebook said they were collecting donations for the dog - for what exactly if she is still in the pound with no rescue back up.

Again I'll say; wouldn't a call to AHF answer the question about why the dog was still there?

She is still there because she is only to be released to rescue and one hasn't taken her. Is it standard routine for dogs to be held for 34-80 days by the pound? I didn't think it would be. The dog has been there since Oct, is that a pound thing or is PR funding it? Can they pay for the kenneling in a pound, or is it private kennels that they refer to when they ask for donations for kenneling?

The comments I was reading on the PR facebook said they were collecting donations for the dog - for what exactly if she is still in the pound with no rescue back up.

Again I'll say; wouldn't a call to AHF answer the question about why the dog was still there?

What's AHF? I thought the dog was in Blacktown?

Apparently that is what is happening, a certain group of people cannot join and post because by some Tom Cruise witchcraft the board registration software knows who they are. For reals, I read it on FB :laugh:

I saw that and cracked up laughing. I resisted the urge to reply something about maybe if they took the tinfoil hats off they would be allowed to join :rofl:

Whenever a question is asked, they say the same thing over and over...

Foster caring requires a rescue group. We need a rescue for her to save her up there - we are taking that offer seriously however we don't have a rescue to support the foster situation - we need to keep trying xox

This is ridiculous. They have been sending dogs out to foster carers since they started, under their own name NOT another rescue group.

I wonder if they've had so many bad experiences of dogs in foster homes that they're stopping doing it? I hope so.

What I don't understand is why people donate money to the organisation when the dog is still in the pound, often months on end? I would not give them money as there is no update on where the money goes. Here, money goes directly to the rescue group who has the dog.

Or am I just reading too much into it and to everyone else it's as clear as mud?

What I don't understand is why people donate money to the organisation when the dog is still in the pound, often months on end? I would not give them money as there is no update on where the money goes. Here, money goes directly to the rescue group who has the dog.

Or am I just reading too much into it and to everyone else it's as clear as mud?

I was confused by that. One person said directly she donated $100 to have the dog kennelled but it's still in the pound. :confused: