I'm Being Sued For Harassment

mantis

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He wouldn't have a leg to stand on. You have every right to report his off leash dog that rushes yours.

Report him again for this latest incident.

Laugh heartily at him, as the others said no solicitor can build a case on nothing and he'll pay a fortune to be told that. He's bluffing.

Exactly.

You could also report him to the property manager and ask that they take action against him. He not only lets his dog run loose, but he has now threatened you as well. You are entitled to quiet enjoyment of your property. This man needs to be told to leave you alone.

I'd do this too.

All of this.

The man is an idiot who thinks he can stop you by threatening you- I'd keep reporting him (if I were you) when he does the wrong thing.

I once had a neighbor try to put a restraining order on me because I repeatedly called the Council about a number of infringements of the law. It was no fun going to court, but the judge threw the case out.(This was when I lived in WA).

Edited by sandgrubber

The other dog owners here are really nice, if they see me out walking they put their dogs on lead so my girl gets to know them, but this one moron refuses to & is angry with me, because he got fined by the council for not having his dog registered.

Yes he is an idiot but i find this odd.

Why do you report him yet these ones have dogs offleash as well.??

I gather either there all breaking the rules so surely then if one is an issue shouldn't the rule apply to them all??

The other dog owners here are really nice, if they see me out walking they put their dogs on lead so my girl gets to know them, but this one moron refuses to & is angry with me, because he got fined by the council for not having his dog registered.

I gather either there all breaking the rules so surely then if one is an issue shouldn't the rule apply to them all??

There is the rule of "effective control". Seems to me the others are demonstrating effective control where the other is not. I am personally not concerned about people 'breaking the law' by not having their dog/s on lead when by law they should - provided they have effective control and demonstrate courtesy and consideration towards easily and readily preventing their dogs from encroaching my space without invite, I'm satisfied.

Yes agree with Erny. We often see dogs off lead down the beach we go to, which is supposed to be on lead (ours are always on lead), but most don;t even look twice at us and as long as they don't bother us I don't mind. As soon as they get in our way though I tell the owners to leash their dog.

There is the rule of "effective control". Seems to me the others are demonstrating effective control where the other is not. I am personally not concerned about people 'breaking the law' by not having their dog/s on lead when by law they should - provided they have effective control and demonstrate courtesy and consideration towards easily and readily preventing their dogs from encroaching my space without invite, I'm satisfied.

Exactly my feelings. I knew these people walked their dogs off lead & didn't have a problem with it. But because I have a rescue dog, who I don't how she would respond to another dog getting in her face, I don't want the other dogs getting hurt. This guy doesn't care, when I first asked him to keep his dog away from mine for that reason, he just told me to get stuffed, he'll do what he wants.

He's a totally irresponsible owner, he even takes her up the shops off lead & leaves her to roam around outside while he's in doing his shopping. One day someone picked her up & took her home, fortunately the people posted signs giving their phone number, so he got her back the next day. But he was furious, because he said they stole her, he went to the Police, but they weren't interested. I fear for that little dogs safety, with an owner like him. :mad

hes bluffing

who is he? donald trump?

just to see a lawyer is anywhere between 300 and 450 and hour

thered be an initial phone call and the lawyer would say that there was no case...unless he embellishes

dont worry about it...ring the ranger or the police if youre frightened and avoid him

sounds like empty threats to me. he'd be hard pushed to find someone to handle it anyway.

as for the bird water is he stepping onto your property or in your court yard if so this is something you can report. but could just give you more trouble. your property manager may also be of help or the body corp of your units. but whats good for one has to be good for all.

should something happen and they do have a tiff you are in the right and he is in the wrong. hopefully nothing happens but thats a tiny little peace of mind!

good luck

sounds like empty threats to me. he'd be hard pushed to find someone to handle it anyway.

as for the bird water is he stepping onto your property or in your court yard if so this is something you can report. but could just give you more trouble. your property manager may also be of help or the body corp of your units. but whats good for one has to be good for all.

should something happen and they do have a tiff you are in the right and he is in the wrong. hopefully nothing happens but thats a tiny little peace of mind!

good luck

No it's underneath the tap in our communal area, he hasn't done it since the last time, so I think he's given up on that. I also haven't seen his dog for two days, he must be taking her out to the back communal area & isn't taking her up the shops. I sense something is afoot, waiting to see what happens next.

The stress is doing my head in.

Edited by mantis

Suing you for calling law enforcement about his dog?

That's like burglars suing you for calling the police when they try to break in. Or maybe for keeping your doors locked when you're out.

I don't think so.

But you could report him for making threats to you and harrassing you.

I would keep a written log of his dog being loose and causing you problems, and him making threats like that (same as Nic.B with her dodgy neighbours).

It is possible to get banned from the civil courts for bringing vexatious law suits (ie ones that have no hope of success).

Not quite but we had a break-in and the lowlife must have cut themselves on the plate glass as there was blood everywhere, and we were told by the police that legally they could sue us for the injuries. Although they would first have to admit to breaking in.

On the original topic I would consider getting an AVO issued to keep him away from you. However if he won't put his dog on a lead and doesn't register his dog he is obviously one that thinks the laws do not apply to him. Might be a different story if the dog rushed an elderly person or a child and they also complained about it. Know anyone that fits these two age groups that doesn't live in the building but may be visiting.