My Beautiful Buddy Hung At The Groomers ....how Can This Happen ;(

Cazstaff

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh god Caz I am so sorry for you and Buddy. That is just the worst tragedy and like you I can't stop thinking about what a terrible ending for a beautiful boy.

I am so angry for you and Buddy right now. I hope you will pursue some of the suggestions people in the grooming industry have given you on here so this business has to change its practices. That is basic common sense - don't leave a dog unsafely unattended and out of sight. If they had no cage/crate then what about a floor tether? Even the average dog owner would not be stupid enough to tether a dog on a table and leave it for a couple of minutes out of sight, let alone 3 HOURS!!!! What the hell did they expect he would do all by himself? And how could someone not have noticed sooner? I'm sure the owner and staff were horrified this happened but they brought it on themselves and if they are truly apologetic and love dogs then they will never, ever put any animal and family through this again. And if he had to wait over 3 hours for any attention that also says to me that they were overbooked (unless of course you had certain time arrangements made with them).

Horrible news. You, Leah and the other fur kids are in my thoughts tonight. XXX

I take the pei to a groomer and since the hand accident have also taken Miss Stussy for a bath. I always stay and help and the staff there are fine with it even if they are busy. I once left Stuss with a groomer for maybe 10 mins to get her toenails clipped and she has been terrified of having her front legs and feet/nails touched ever since. Something went down in those 10 mins that created that fear.

I know not everyone can stay while their dog is groomed but it makes me and the dogs in my care feel better. I don't expect a staff member to keep a pei amused for 10 mins while their malaseb wash stays on so I figure I am helping them whilst actually doing it for the dog. Plus I don't want them developing anxiety about a wash. All that pampering should be a positive experience for a dog.

Words fail me.... I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Buddy . It must be doing in your head in...and I doubt there isn't a person here who wouldn't understand that and how shocked and devastated you must be. Again, so very sorry for your loss.

I am feeling sick to my stomach with grief & shock that this could happen, knowing full well a lot of good owners entrust their loved companions to groomers everyday.

Oh Cazstaff, there are no words I can offer you that would bring you any peace other than I am so so sorry for your loss and that there are many here who have lost a loved companion and are feeling for you immensely tonight. The circumstances are tragic and to what I understand due to an irresponsible action of the part of the groomer.

Just after Christmas is a hard for many people I dont have much but Im happy to give some to a fund if you need help in support of any costs you have incurred should the this have not been dealt with yet.

RIP Buddy.

So sorry to hear about your lovely boy. I have done grooming in my time and you never leave a dog in that situation at all, they are responible for the care of that dog and they have failed and should be held accountable, although that won't bring your boy back.

Sorry but they don't deserve to be in business.

OMG cazstaff, I am at a loss for words..... :cry::cry:

I just feel numb & extemely cold reading your tragic post. Can't begin to imagine how you are feeling :(

What an horrific way to lose your beloved boy . R.I.P. Beautiful Buddy :angel:

In all honesty, please don't blame yourself. You have every right to be as mad as hell, full blame lies with the "professional" groomer's.

I would be persueing Buddy death legally so this catastrophy doesn't happen to another beautiful boy.

My sincere condolences. I'm ever so sorry :(

Edited by BC Crazy

Even the average dog owner would not be stupid enough to tether a dog on a table and leave it for a couple of minutes out of sight, let alone 3 HOURS!!!!

The dog was in there for 3 hours, not left on the table for that time. It only takes a minute for someone to get distracted & a dog can choke if its on a choke chain or ordinary collar tether. Its happened to others.

:hug: This is an awful tragedy & you must be in terrible shock.

I always advise my puppy buyers to stay with their dog while it is groomed or use a mobile if a salon won't let them. All sorts goes on behind closed doors.

I am sure you have a good chance of suing but that really won't be much consolation. I can only imagine your pain & distress.