My Beautiful Buddy Hung At The Groomers ....how Can This Happen ;(

Cazstaff

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hugs to you - what a horrible way to have ended such a lovely life.

Like Greymate and Panzer attack I am wondering if this can be reported to the RSPCA. I am not a legal brain but when this dog passed away due to negligence

http://www.news.com.au/top-stories/prison-sniffer-dog-left-to-die-horribly/story-e6frfkp9-1111114439695

the offender was charged with failing to exercise reasonable care and aggravated cruelty. Your case would seem to definitely be failing to exercise reasonable care.

Please report them to the RSPCA. I am disgusted. :( Can you please PM me the name so I can warn my family in Sydney and any of my clients that may move never to go there. I am so sorry! :(

I'd like to know the name too, if it's not too much to ask.

I take Stevie to a groomer because she's almost managed to escape from mobile dog washers. I'll be asking more carefully about procedure in future.

So sorry to hear this - what a horrific thing to happen. I think I would be unable to physically restrain myself from decking someone. Absolute and utter negligence and ignorance...please report them to anyone and everyone who can take action against them...they need to be shut down.

Hugs to you and your family - take care of yourself.

I'm so sorry.

Absolutely do not blame yourself for this. There's no way you could have expected for a second that something like this would happen, it NEVER should.

I agree with those who said speak to the council and RSPCA. I would be investigating legal options as to sue the salon for damages. I would also consider, if they are not compliant, taking the case to the media (again, with legal advice first) and making it known what happened if you can. The potential blow to the industry might prompt the half-rate salons to step up their game and be responsible, as frustrating as I'm sure it will be to those who do the right thing.

Guest Panzer Attack!

I'm so sorry.

Absolutely do not blame yourself for this. There's no way you could have expected for a second that something like this would happen, it NEVER should.

I agree with those who said speak to the council and RSPCA. I would be investigating legal options as to sue the salon for damages. I would also consider, if they are not compliant, taking the case to the media (again, with legal advice first) and making it known what happened if you can. The potential blow to the industry might prompt the half-rate salons to step up their game and be responsible, as frustrating as I'm sure it will be to those who do the right thing.

YES! I think every groomer on this forum will agree that the industry NEEDS THIS. There are SO many horrible unethical "professionals" out there, why is no one ever held accountable?!

No words can describe what I feel for you. Pretty much every post has said anything I could think of but description doesn't really come near it. It was not your fault. RIP Buddy - run free and swift :rainbowbridge:

I am so very sorry for your loss. :hug:

My heart goes out to you, how terrible for both you and Buddy. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

No excuse is acceptable.

I'd be contacting the RSPCA to see if they can investigate and fine the arse off them. Get a report from the vet who would have the complete details. Demand the groomer is sacked. Contact the local newspaper.

But just now.........grieve for your gorgeous boy and know that you are in no way responsible... I am so, so sorry....

what a shock to read this post..im so very sorry...

but thank you so much for posting..i have never ever envisaged anything like this...so it really does serve as a warning

so sad that your day turned such an awful corner

i would definitely pursue this ...this must be a warning to the whole industry..surely the reputable groomers would never risk this...lord it doesnt bear thinking what horrors could well be lurking at shonky 'groomers'

I'm so sorry.

YES! I think every groomer on this forum will agree that the industry NEEDS THIS. There are SO many horrible unethical "professionals" out there, why is no one ever held accountable?!

In saying that (my post, I mean) I would hope the regular clientèle of those good salons would help to spread the word and promote those who are professional, responsible and love their work and the animals who see them, though I know it isn't that easy. I've seen mobile groomers do stupid things with dogs and heard of salons making some extremely uneducated decisions (give a samoyed a buzzcut in summer... sheesh), and I'd like to see them make an effort to learn more about their profession and dog care in general. But I have met excellent groomers and know there are more out there.

This case though... there just aren't enough expletives. How could someone let this happen?