My Beautiful Buddy Hung At The Groomers ....how Can This Happen ;(

Cazstaff

Im so Sorry to hear about Buddy :(

As someone who is learning to groom (more so to just be able to do a basic clip and trim to maintain my own dogs)I find this behaviour disgusting the first rule I learnt is never leave the dog on the table if you cannot keep a hand on them at all times..

Even though it doesn't bring Buddy back I know OH who is a groomer as well has shared your story through a groomers group to educated and remind others of what a simple and stupid decision can do..

*hugs* to you and your family tonight I hope some justice come from this

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so so sorry that this has happened to you & your Buddy.

I have groomed dogs professionally for over 25 yrs now and still our industry is completely unregulated. ANYONE can put out their shingle & claim to be a dog groomer.

There is no excuse for these tragedies. Just none. Why the hell anyone still uses a choker/slip collar on the inside of a grooming shop is beyond me. There are so many better & more professional ways to tether a dog. & of course the number one safety element in grooming is NEVER leave a dog unattended on a table, tethered or not...just NEVER do it.

I have so much more to say on this subject which I am incredibly passionate about but for now I just will say again how awfully sorry I am to hear what you have been put through.

:mad:mad :mad

I agree with Crickets on all counts.

I have groomed in many salons over many years, and without complete negligence such an incident simply wouldn't occur.

While I don't wish to sound callous, and it's probably the last thing on your mind right now, but I would seek legal advice sooner ratyher than later. They should pay for such a total screw up and possibly such action will stop them operating. As Crickets said, there is no real regulation within the industry and every Vet Clinic, Pet Store and Boarding Kennel can simply begin a "professional" grooming service with ZERO experience, or in this case, a complate lack of professionalism, and unfortunately now, you have paid the price for this.

I feel so sad for you, but also very angry, as I have heard of such 'accidents' far too many times over the years. :(

We're thinking of you here.

OMG. what a terrible, horrible, preventable (on their part) tragic thing to have happened! I agree with the others, they should be reported, at least from the point of preventing this from happening again. You trusted them to look after your dog and from sheer negligence, this happened.

Hugs to you and your family. So sorry for your loss. :(

Edited by poochmad

Jesus Christ I feel sick :(

I can't even bring myself to imagine what you must be feeling right now. I am truly sorry this has happened. Please let us know if you need anything and don't you dare blame yourself, this was negligence.

I can't even say what I'd do to the groomer on here, safe to say I'd be arrested.

Oh God how absolutely awful.

I can't imagine how they gave you the news - it is just unimaginable as a pet owner (but something that all groomers should be so very, very aware of and careful about)

It just should not have happened, but it did and I feel for you as you try to come to terms with losing him in this way.

That story has brought a tear to my eye, that is just disgusting.

Poor Buddy, I hope he is running free at the bridge.

Surely there is something you can do, maybe the more experienced in these sorts of things on this forum can help you. They should not be able to operate one more day, and put any more lives at risk. Maybe report them to the RSPCA for animal abuse, or neglect, and perhaps Fair Trading for operating a shoddy business. Im not sure, but hopefully someone can help you find a way to help you make them pay for taking an innocent life with such negligence. NO animal should be left unattended on a grooming table whether on a check chain, a martingale, or just standing. And where was the groomer when he fell? Obviously not even in the room?

You poor thing, this has enraged and saddened me, so I can only imagine how badly you are feeling. :( It's always terrible hearing of people's loss, but when it comes as a result of someone else's negligence (who is supposed to care for them) its just devastating.

Love to you, your family, and too Buddy.