My Beautiful Buddy Hung At The Groomers ....how Can This Happen ;(

Cazstaff

As another who has studied the law I disagree completely with Bronsonw. I would strongly recommend a discussion with the legal professionals recommended but with a support person.

It can be confronting to hear the options available, view of dogs as property & potential outcomes.

I am very sorry that you have had to experience such negligence with such devistating results.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's appalling that they left him to go to lunch, :mad , whilst it is probably a good thing she is not covering up or making excuses it beggars belief that anyone - let alone a professional groomer would think this is ok. As to asking if there is anything you would like,sadly that is beyond her power thanks to her negligent excuses for employees.

BronsonW - with all due respect nobody in their right mind would want to be offered reduced price grooming by such an establishment, they killed her beloved dog through their actions. I can't imagine Cazstaff will ever want to step foot in there again. People are venting because they are so angry, shocked and upset and they want Cazstaff to get as many facts together as soon as possible whilst they are fresh in everyone's mind. Not that I imagine the horror of what happened will fade too quickly, I'm sure Cazstaff will decide for herself on the course of action she wants to take in time.

Cazstaff, I truly hope you have someone close by at this terrible time. Please try to take care of yourself.

This.

I have nothing constructive to add but just wanted to offer my support and to say i am sorry for the loss of your gorgeous golden man Buddy. :hug:

What ever you decide to do Caz i hope you receive a good outcome from it.

Edited by Melbomb

As the result of a business's negligence, my horse nearly died last year. I went after the business with a lawyer (as they refused to accept any liability) and though it took six months, i won and it was worth it. Talk to a lawyer- they can best advise you.

Of course she can seek legal advice and play the legal system. If her goal would be to set an example, than so be it, that is the course she needs to take. However, her getting a "substantial pay out" from this, think again. I'm not trying to choose sides, but going down the legal road is hell and it would be in her best interests if she doesn't want to make a example than to find alternatives of compensation. Hence my suggestion, as ill thought out that many may think, I would wage highly if it was taken to court, that offer would be on the table from the defendants.

Of course she can seek legal advice and play the legal system. If her goal would be to set an example, than so be it, that is the course she needs to take. However, her getting a "substantial pay out" from this, think again. I'm not trying to choose sides, but going down the legal road is hell and it would be in her best interests if she doesn't want to make a example than to find alternatives of compensation. Hence my suggestion, as ill thought out that many may think, I would wage highly if it was taken to court, that offer would be on the table from the defendants.

Bronsonw maybe it would be best if you bowed out of this conversation. You might mean well but.....???

Wouldn't business insurance cover this sort of thing anyway?

I got a payout AND made an example of them- i had 2 goals, one was to recoup my costs and the other was to ensure they were more careful so that this did not happen to another horse and owner. I achieved both. I hope the OP can do the same if that's what she chooses to do.

Bronsonw maybe it would be best if you bowed out of this conversation. You might mean well but.....???

Haha, looks like I have no choice.

Anyway, good luck with whatever avenue you take OP and sorry for your loss.

As another who has studied the law I disagree completely with Bronsonw. I would strongly recommend a discussion with the legal professionals recommended but with a support person.

It can be confronting to hear the options available, view of dogs as property & potential outcomes.

I am very sorry that you have had to experience such negligence with such devistating results.

+1.

An alternative I suggest would be a lifetime of grooming for a highly reduced price.

eek1.gifeek1.gifeek1.gif

I think that's the last thing Caz would want!! And to have to pay ANY money towards that "service" again, what a joke!

I'd be devastated and be so ridden with guilt if I lost a dog on my watch like that, and would more than likely close up shop voluntarily and seek a new career.

Just can't believe it icon_smile_mad.gif

Unfortunately emotion plays a very little role in the world of law and to some degree business. Hence why my posts may seem very blunt and not very empathetic. Have to think realistically without emotion.

You're not being realistic with that suggestion; you're being insensitive. Why on earth would Caz take a dog back to that salon? It's an idiotic suggestion.

The legal road is hell??? Caz is already down that road :(

Wow, welcome to Dol Forum, breeders warned me about this place, nevertheless.

My suggestion is one whereby she does not have to confront the death of her friend over and over everyday until the court date. Vet reports, BEFORE and after the incident. Affidavits that she will have to read and approve. History of the dog, especially medical records due to the fact the dog is past the average life expectancy of the breed and be prepared to have people argue that. And the worst problem? It being drawn out.

Of course she has a case, of course she will get compensation, but what I have tried to suggest to those giving her "legal" advice is whether the trauma of reliving it everyday is worth it. Yes she already is reliving that trauma, but to do it in a more concentrated way is what I am speaking of.

Yes I agree, what I say may appear insensitive, however it is a way of saying that the legal road is an expensive, timely and emotional roller coaster which added onto what the OP is already going through, seems to me it would be adding to that emotional stress.

It's easy to say "sue her" and end it at that. You make it sound so easy, in reality it isn't.You guys going to live with the extra stress emotionally and financially everyday? No, she is. Those saying they have went down that road, I am sure you are of a very strong character and can pursue that, is she the same?. To advise someone you don't know to do the same without providing the pro's and con's on such a suggestion isn't right I feel, and I have tried to offer a more realistic, albeit insensitive? suggestion.

Who knows if what she reads on this forum is her deciding mind.

Edited by Bronsonw