My Beautiful Buddy Hung At The Groomers ....how Can This Happen ;(

Cazstaff

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cazstaff I feel absolutely sick reading this. I cannot imagine the pain and grief you must be feeling. You are in no way responsible for this. We entrust our precious dogs to 'professionals' to care for them as we would in our absence. You could never have seen this coming. I know if anything happened to one of my girls I would be ensuring I did all I could to ensure it never happened again, not for the money itself but to some money is the only real penalty they will feel.

I send hugs your way and hope that in time you will be able to feel a little sunshine in your life again and know that your Buddy loved you and always will.

Moose was injured (and scarred for life) by a vet and to this day I still have some regrets about not pursuing it further beyond taking him elsewhere. I

It might have been worth it for you, because in Australia you can sue to reclaim costs, and poor Moosey needed a lot of hours of nursing and vet care. Similar to how another person here was able to take legal action when her horse was injured by their product. She could recover the substantial costs she incurred in getting the horse well again.

In Australia you can sue to recover all your costs. But you can't generally get a sum of money as compensation for suffering the sadness and loss of a loved companion, unless you can show how it caused financial hardship. That is why you can't always decide 'on principle' to sue. Some wrongs just cannot be righted in the civil court, it goes beyond their power.

Cazstaff does need urgent legal advice, and legal support if she wants to make sure this women is held accountable for what she has done. Whether that be in the small claims court, the civil court or as a witness in the criminal court, or something else. Proper advice is needed here.

Sounds to me this was a common practice hey leaving them tethered while they have lunch.... shocking, I wonder if the owner is at the salon all the time? Still can't believe this has happened.... And the person that suggested geting reduced grooming prices, you Baffle me... RIP Buddy you beautiful boy...

Moose was injured (and scarred for life) by a vet and to this day I still have some regrets about not pursuing it further beyond taking him elsewhere. I

It might have been worth it for you, because in Australia you can sue to reclaim costs, and poor Moosey needed a lot of hours of nursing and vet care. Similar to how another person here was able to take legal action when her horse was injured by their product. She could recover the substantially costs she incurred in getting the horse well again.

Oh yes, I probably wouldn't have even had to sue to get them to cover my costs but at the time my priority was him and I was so angry and upset I couldn't stand to even contact them. :o All is well now though (mostly!) and I avoid that practice like the plague!

Cazstaff does need urgent legal advice, and legal support if she wants to make sure this women is held accountable for what she has done. Whether that be in the small claims court, the civil court or as a witness in the criminal court, or something else. Proper advice is needed here.

Yes, yes, yes!!

I have post previously but have been following this thread with great sadness & disgust.

It truly astounds me that the grooming industry isn't regulated :mad Blows me away in all honesty...

It makes the whole industry open slather for any old numpty or the less than genuine, animal loving person to set up shop. And here we are

honest animal lovers taking our precious pooches to get 'professional' care. Hmmmm no wonder I groom my own guys.

I am sickened at the thought that poor Bailey was left tethered with a check collar no less & unattended while the 'groomer' was at lunch :(

Totally unexceptable.... under any circumstances. Poor fella :cry: at 14 he was probably only trying to lay down or something. It would have been

quite a long time for him to stand in the one place without being left there alone :( Makes my blood boil with the thought of it. I would be suing the pants

of the owner, not for the money but to make sure they pay for what they have done. I would also tell anyone that will listen about this horrendous incident, to raise

peoples awareness of what can happen in establishments that aren't managed with the dogs best interest's/care are top priority.

Such a beautiful boy :angel:

Edited by BC Crazy

I am so sorry for your loss Cazstaff. Losing a pet under normal circumstances is hard enough but when it happens unexpectedly and under such tragic circumstances it is dreadful. Buddy was such a loved and cared for mate.

I hope that once you decide which avenue you want to pursue with this groomer, that you get the outcome you want.

My thoughts are with you and lots of warm wishes are sent to Buddy.

Rest in peace beautiful boy.

Whatever happens I would not get a settlement with a non disclosure. If if compensation is not what you are after (you cannot get your precious boy back) The least they can do is cover your loss/costs. In memory of Buddy I would insist on publicly telling his story so the legacy of this awful situation is that other dogs may not suffer the same fate. If there is a gag on settlement it will never come out through media source like television and papers and so no-one will hear the important message that needs to be heard. Surely somebody can represent you in this situation should you not be able to deal with it personally. Perhaps a campaign would awaken owners & groomers to seeking regulated businesses...if there is a body of groomer quality assurance.( sorry I have never used a commercial groomer)

Is there a legal trained DOL member here with some idea with the laws that apply in this instance?

My silence is definitely not for sale redangel, not at any price. They won't gag me! Something good has to come from the huge price my beautiful boy paid.I just have to make sure I do it the right way so it counts.

His mates are missing him too :cry:

P1110143_zps5395252a.jpg

My silence is definitely not for sale redangel, not at any price. They won't gag me! Something good has to come from the huge price my beautiful boy paid.I just have to make sure I do it the right way so it counts.His mates are missing him too :cry:P1110143_zps5395252a.jpg

Here here Cazstaff!

I can only imagine how you feel at the moment, but i know the pain of the silly little things you notice are not the same, things you never thought were so important to why they made you smile while they were around. Every dog is so special as much as they are different.

Hugz to you.

I know finding the right way is important, and when you find it I hope you achieve much.

Edit add: Im glad you have these photos and appreciate you sharing them...I know the klennex must be flowing ( I think the DOL community has shared some over the past few days) indeed Buddy was so happy and much loved.

Edited by redangel