My Beautiful Buddy Hung At The Groomers ....how Can This Happen ;(

Cazstaff

That is good to hear Caz - news of those charges should be spread far and wide as a wake up call to other negligent groomers. It would be great if news of the fine could be "leaked" to the local news as well!

It doesn't need to be leaked. If Caz is ok with the idea, I will write a press release telling the whole story and send it out to a media list. This makes it easy for them to do a story if they want. If Caz would prefer somebody else write it, that's ok too.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AWL should be able to do their own press release. TD or others can you contact Tim V and ask?

Well done Caz for following this through. Buddy's love won't be forgotten, and neither will his story.

Edited by Katdogs

AWL should be able to do their own press release. TD or others can you contact Tim V and ask?

Well done Caz for following this through. Buddy's love won't be forgotten, and neither will his story.

I hope they do, much better than me doing it.

By them sending out a press release to all media, there is a chance quite a few places will run it. Caz also has some beautiful photos that could be supplied if she wants to do that.

It is good to see that there has been some action, Caz. Three weeks seems an awfully long time, but in the scheme of things, not so long.

Nothing strange or misdirected about not wanting to change anything that is testament to "Buddy Lived Here". Buddy was a special part of your life and soul which has been cruelly wrenched away. Healing is hard enough at the best of times.

Courage to continue the work to commemorate Buddy. :heart::heart:

It's a good start though I think it should be taken to court and I'm curious why it isn't.

And Caz, I really do understand about getting teary over little things. I burst into tears one day when I saw a photo of Grumpy online that I wasn't expecting to see. They leave such a hole. :(

Caz I have a ceramic angel wings heart shaped container that my sister gave me and it contains all kinds of silly things from my old girl - the last socks she wore because she dragged her back feet, a whisker I found on the bed, some hair, council tag, name tag. I'd have added a tooth if she left me one! It sits on the coffee table that is behind me in our front room. I still think about her regularly (with fondness rather than sadness now) and it is 1 1/2 years now. They never need to leave our hearts and memories. So who cares if you never mow a little patch of grass where he wee'd again!

Although nothing can bring him back, it is great that recognition has finally come regarding the salon's neglect. It is a shame that the fine is not higher.

It is good news that AWL will monitor the situation and agree it would be beneficial for a media release with the purpose to prevent this horrible thing happening again.

I spoke to the AWL media person about them doing a Media release and after contacting the inspector she told me they wouldnt be but she was happy to make comment for any media things I organise.

Something is in the works and hopefully finalised today if it comes off ;)

I spoke to the AWL media person about them doing a Media release and after contacting the inspector she told me they wouldnt be but she was happy to make comment for any media things I organise.

:cheer: Well done. You go girl.

Good work!

The AWL Inspector called me to let me know after 'investigating' they had decided to charge the salon owner under the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals act for failing to provide adequate care. Its the highest fine ($1000) they can issue with out taking it to court.

So pleased to hear this. What happened to Buddy is why there are Prevention of Cruelty laws. They hold people accountable.

You go girl!

T.

Good new Cazstaff. I too have shared the story with my doggie contacts who use/frequent groomers.

EverthingShiny is onto something there. When the time is right could you see yourself write a tribute story to your Buddy & share it on FB? I could write something for my friends to read but the story is heartfelt & yours Castaff. That way Buddys legacy will go on as people share the story & heed notice they should consider carefully the groomers they choose to leave their pets with are within the code of operation. FB is a good media for sharing such things. If it saves a dog from attending a badly managed groomer it would be so worth it.

You have been so brave through this & I admire your clear headedness as I wonder if I could have shown such attributes should I have had such an incident occur to one of my dogs.

Caz - A few of my facebook friends whom I shared your story with would love to see a photo of Buddy, is it okay if I pop one up there? His story is touching so many people :)

Oh yes, please share his photo's.

I was thinking about him today and remembered how much he loved playing with the little coolie rescues...

P1090482-1_zps84132092.jpg

P1090479-1_zps01cfeb67.jpg

P1090484_zpsabe08273.jpg

Billy a pup from Griffith was with us for 3 months and he and Buddy had quite a close bond...pair of snugglebums they were.

P1090362-1.jpg

P1090367-1.jpg