My Beautiful Buddy Hung At The Groomers ....how Can This Happen ;(

Cazstaff

Thankyou all. I have decided to write them a letter explaining why I cancelled my appointment and I will direct them to this thread.

Thankyou Cazstaff for sharing your shocking experience with all of us and for making grooming salons safer places for our dogs. I hope you have not minded me dragging this thread back on to the first page again. I am very sorry for the loss of your much loved pet.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankyou to all for your advice.

Rosetta do you really think groomers everywhere know about Buddy? When I made the appointment I did try to explain why I was concerned that she had left the dog unattended and I wanted to know my boy would be safe. I just got the glazed expression and then she murmured something to the effect that everyone loves their dogs.

No, realistically, I guess not but I am sure the word was spread within the industry. I hope so anyway as I am sure that was one of Caz's goals.

I don't know any Groomers who didn't hear Buddys story within a couple of days, it was certainly spread far and wide amongst the Grooming community, and everyone was shocked, saddened and angry that Buddy lost his life in such a way.

• 5 weeks later...

Thankyou all. I have decided to write them a letter explaining why I cancelled my appointment and I will direct them to this thread.

Thankyou Cazstaff for sharing your shocking experience with all of us and for making grooming salons safer places for our dogs. I hope you have not minded me dragging this thread back on to the first page again. I am very sorry for the loss of your much loved pet.

This is a great idea. :thumbsup:

My god, I saw this at the place I had left my dog for a groom a few weeks ago, too. The girl left a dog on the bench with the cord thing around its neck to come and serve me, and this thread just zoomed STRAIGHT into my mind. I am NEVER taking her back there.

Nawnim, you absolutely did the right thing.

I was at a popular pet chain the other day where they do grooming. Happened to see in the grooming area and saw a dog tied on the table unattended while the groomer served another client. I told the manager and told him about Buddy. Hope they do something.

So I have cancelled and I do feel relieved. I will go back to my mobile groomer who doesn't clip his nails although it's supposed to be part of the service.

Is he difficult with them? Doesn't justify it at all but might be too much for them to manage. I find the vet is fast and efficient with nails I can't manage. Haha.

Firstly and most importantly...I am so sorry for your loss, buddy sounds like a he was a beautiful soul and a wonderful dog. may he rest in peace :cry:

I am very worried after reading this whole thread i did a little google search of what I am assuming is the name of the groomers was...only to find that they have 5 star rating with no negative reviews.... :eek:

please tell me I have the wrong business name?!?

http://www.truelocal.com.au/business/splish-splash-dog-and-cat-grooming/penrith?selectedListingSortOrder=RATING_LOWEST#reviewsTab

This past weekend there was a dog grooming competition called GroomQuest, held at the Castle Hill showgrounds in Sydney. It was an absolutely amazing weekend! lots of dogs to see being groomed and lots of fun being had by all! They had an award in honour of Buddy, the golden retriever that died in the grooming salon. Personally, i felt this was an awesome idea and was so proud to be a part of something that honoured a very much loved family furkid! I am honoured and so proud to say that i am the 1st recipient of this prestigious award! its all i can think about, knowing that someone who has been through such a horrible time with such a horrific event, could come out of their way to watch us groom, and to then be recognised for my handling and care which i strive for on a daily basis, WOW! i just wanted to post this up here, in the hopes of reaching Buddys family, to tell them how honoured i am to have even been considered for this amazing award, let alone to win it!! thank you so so much, you will never know what this has meant to me! its the best honour award i have ever won in my entire career. The first thing i did today was get it engraved! it will be high and proud in my salon, and i hope this will be the first of many times i will have the honour of receiving this award. thank you thank you thank you

post-26583-0-02642200-1378355085_thumb.jpg

Well done luckypup! Thank you for being an awesome groomer who puts the wellbeing of their charges first and foremost... you be da bomb!!

Thank you also to Groomquest for taking such a tragic event and turnng it into something really positive... huge kudos there!

I'm sure Buddy would be proud of everyone involved.

T.

It will be 8 months tomorrow since I lost my gorgeous old Buddy but what an amazing impact his death has had. His legacy will live on through the Buddy Award thanks to the kindness and support of the professional grooming community.

Jo Gray...I love you, you were my angel at a time when my world was unbearable, you made sure his death was not in vain. Jo Sillence, Kaye Brown and of course Les and Christine Speerin for creating and sponsoring the annual Buddy Award.

Groomquest was awesome! I wouldn't know a good doggy haircut from a bad one but I can sure see someone who loves animals, is in sync with how the dog is feeling and is considerate and loving towards the dog they are grooming. The dog responds with tail wagging and a kiss and cuddle for her groomer even under the pressure of National Competition!

That someone was Luckypup and what an appropriate dol nickname that is! Her clients are indeed very lucky pups.

Leah and I watched Danni 'love' her dogs as she groomed them beautifully, we were drawn to Danni on day one (it was almost like Buddy had already chosen her for us ).

Danni you must have been wondering why Leah and I kept hovering around you! The rest of the time just confirmed she had a special connection with each dog she groomed, she was 100% safe, never taking a hand off the dog as she moved about, she was gentle in the way she moved the dogs about,always taking time to pat and engage with the dog, they were a team, enjoying each other.

I am touched by your kind words Luckypup and thrilled you are so proud of winning the Buddy Award. You are a very worthy winner and I hope others learn from you that you can do an award winning groom with award winning kindness!

Im sure if dog owners wer asked what the most important citeria was for the person grooming their dog they would say care (kindness and safety)

It was lovely to catch up with you too Lillypilly :)

As for this post coming back up to the top of the list every now and then I hope it always does, just to catch new peoples attention and keep it at the forefront of peoples minds, in honour of my beautiful, gorgeous, handsome and so very special old Buddy.

Who knows, maybe one day the media might even be brave enough to tackle it and put that stinky business that killed my dog, SPLISH SPLASH DOG AND CAT GROOMING at Penrith out on its ear :mad :mad