My Beautiful Buddy Hung At The Groomers ....how Can This Happen ;(

Cazstaff

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone here has forgotten Buddy or the shock at reading your story. Hugs to you - it does not seem 1 year ago. :(

Yes, it was a horrible tragedy and one that often springs into my head. A year isn't a very long time, really, in the context of dealing with such a painful loss.

You are often in my thoughts, Caz.

Buddy's story touched many of us and made us look at grooming practices and the safety of our dogs in a whole new light. I have shared Buddy's Story with all my friends who use grooming services and my vet so that no other dog suffers from such carelessness.

To you and Leah though Caz, I would remind you who Buddy was in life. I'm sure he would approve of you bringing this issue to the dog community but at some point I'm sure he would want you to let go of your grief and remember him as the beautiful, happy soul he was and shift your thinking to celebrating his life rather than being angry at his loss.

You've done your job. Time to take comfort in the dog you knew rather than the dog you lost. Buddy and his story will live on and I hope after this anniversary passes you can move on too. Love you guys. XXX

Alyson

Just want to add that not only was it a reminder for dog grooming salons, but was also a good point for those of us who groom at home. Never, ever leave your dog tied up on a table (or where they can jump off and injure themselves).

I agree, it was a horrible, horrible thing that happened that could have been prevented. So sorry for your loss. :hug:

Its one year today since Buddy's life was taken by Splish Splash Groomers in Penrith. They have moved to a bright new shop with Buddy's death being just a hiccup in their grooming 'business' :mad

I miss you every day my darling Buddy boy :cry:

So sorry for your pain Cazstaff.

I live in the area and didn't know Splish Splash had opened a new business. Are they using the same name?

So sorry again for your loss on this sad anniversary. My blood still boils when I think about this disgusting act of negligence. The story has affected many people and no doubt practices have improved across the board in many grooming salons but the business responsible should be shut down!

We all miss buddy Cazstaff.

We also feel some of your sorrow and loss.

I lost two girls last year, both probably avoidable.

I will never forgetten them or let history repeat itself.

"Thou has given us dogs, how great thou art".

Edited by Tralee