My Beautiful Buddy Hung At The Groomers ....how Can This Happen ;(

Cazstaff

I can't even imagine how you are feeling right now.

That is truly horrific and so damn preventable!

Rest easy Buddy. You didn't deserve this.

Take care and please don't blame yourself. You could never in a million years expect this to happen.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest crickets

I am so so sorry that this has happened to you & your Buddy.

I have groomed dogs professionally for over 25 yrs now and still our industry is completely unregulated. ANYONE can put out their shingle & claim to be a dog groomer.

There is no excuse for these tragedies. Just none. Why the hell anyone still uses a choker/slip collar on the inside of a grooming shop is beyond me. There are so many better & more professional ways to tether a dog. & of course the number one safety element in grooming is NEVER leave a dog unattended on a table, tethered or not...just NEVER do it.

I have so much more to say on this subject which I am incredibly passionate about but for now I just will say again how awfully sorry I am to hear what you have been put through.

:mad:mad :mad

Oh my gosh, what a horrible thing to happen, truly sorry for your loss... Nobody deserves this. RIP Buddy.

Take care and don't blame yourself either. This is not something you could of prevented and you could of never expected it to happen because it never should! The groomer was plain negligent and needs to face some kind of consequence. After putting your boy to rest I suggest looking into some way to report it when you are ready.

As we say here in NZ, Kia Kaha-Stay Strong. The community is here for you.

Very sorry for your loss & you are right it is no way for any dog to pass.

No groomer in there right mind leaves a dog on a grooming arm with a choker & above all unattended.

I don't use grooming arms & have plenty of friends that do BUT we all now that there a tool that should be used when in attendance only & these are dogs that are trained to stay on tables .

To leave the dog unattended on a grooming arm is poor form but to leave it unattended on a table full stop is very poor .

Dogs can fall off when not trained for table work & especially older dogs that can be more unstable .

What to do is up to you ,you can't get your dog back & i am sure (well i hope ) these people have learnt a BIG lesson .

The problem you have is many of the grooming schools & associations recommend grooming arms to be used for safety ,at Grooming comps they are compulsory .

The problem is when not used correctly things can go wrong very quickly .

http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/agriculture/livestock/animal-welfare/codes/aw-code-8#4--Grooming-and-bathing-facilities.

If the salon is a PIAA member you can certainly complain through them aswell.

I would get a report from the vet sooner than latter though .

Edited by showdog