My Beautiful Buddy Hung At The Groomers ....how Can This Happen ;(

Cazstaff

Update..

I have spoken to RSPCA who were as horrified as everyone else. The best they can do is send an officer out to check their business set up and talk to them.

I have spoken to AWL and the officer said he will go and speak to them tomorrow and get back to me.

PIAA don't know of them but were shocked at what had happenned and said that is malpractice and should be followed through.

The Vets have once again been absolutely lovely and will get a written report sorted for me.

Law Society have given me some solicitors names but I haven't called anyone yet.

I just want to rub my face in his gorgeous fur, I miss his nose constantly nudging me to keep patting him :angel:

This really sux :mad

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So sorry for your loss.

This brings back memories of the beautiful Golden, Jag, who allegedly died during a similar incident whilst with his professional handlers in the USA. Although his body has never been recovered.

Anyone using a groomer should always be informed of how their dog is groomed, how it will be restrained, how he/she is dried (cage drying?) and be observant of how their dog is handled upon entering the salon. It is the owners perrogative to ask questions about their safety and also to ask if they can observe their dog being groomed. There are many good groomers, but there are also badly run salons maximising turnover, and using young staff with basic training.

I'm so sorry for you loss :cry: I feel absolutely sick to my stomach, that was an accident that NEVER should have happened. Please accept our condolences :grouphug:

I had my two at the groomers yesterday and I really really feel for you right now....

xxx

Update..

I have spoken to RSPCA who were as horrified as everyone else. The best they can do is send an officer out to check their business set up and talk to them.

I have spoken to AWL and the officer said he will go and speak to them tomorrow and get back to me.

PIAA don't know of them but were shocked at what had happenned and said that is malpractice and should be followed through.

The Vets have once again been absolutely lovely and will get a written report sorted for me.

Law Society have given me some solicitors names but I haven't called anyone yet.

I just want to rub my face in his gorgeous fur, I miss his nose constantly nudging me to keep patting him :angel:

I am so sorry for you loss Cazstaff. No words are enough.

Its such a great thing that in your time of need you are taking steps to prevent it happening to someone else. I dont think id be capable.

It is certainly malpractice. I did a couple of volunteer days at a rescue groomer, when drying one dog I took 2 steps away and the groomer told me to stop and go back that while the dog was restrained he needed to be within reach

Firstly - sincere hugs and thoughts to you. I have always considered myself fairly strong - but this has knocked me for a six. Can't even begin to impagine how you are feeling.

I am not someone who complains, I usually just 'vote with my feet', but in this case I would be making so much noise to anyone and everyone.

Great that you have contacted RSPCA etc. It wont be easy but will be worth it

Have you considered having a necropsy in him? I know it is not good to think about, but I would hate to see it turned in to "I was standing right next to him and he had a heart attack and collapsed. I rushed him next door to the vet but he could not be saved. I was very upset so initially said he hung himself, but that is not what really happened". People lie to cover their backsides for much smaller things (yes, I am cynical).

Again - OMG

The fact that the groomer has not made contact with you to see if there is anything they can do to help is appalling.

If it was my business, I would have sent flowers, offered to organise and pay for pets at peace and done all I could to comfort you.. (I would understand if you didn't want me around as well but the very least, these things should have been offered)...

Caz, I know I said before how sorry I am and it just doesn't seem enough - words really fail me sometimes.

The salon may not be saying anything for legal reasons. :(

Huge hugs Cazstaff :grouphug:

whether this is the case or not, it is totally disgusting.

Update..

Caz, keep up your strength and maintain your rage for Buddy - and other dogs who may enter that salon.

So sorry for your loss.

This brings back memories of the beautiful Golden, Jag, who allegedly died during a similar incident whilst with his professional handlers in the USA. Although his body has never been recovered.

OMG!! Ella, that must haunt you daily.

Anyone using a groomer should always be informed of how their dog is groomed, how it will be restrained, how he/she is dried (cage drying?) and be observant of how their dog is handled upon entering the salon. It is the owners perrogative to ask questions about their safety and also to ask if they can observe their dog being groomed. There are many good groomers, but there are also badly run salons maximising turnover, and using young staff with basic training.

. I feel sick to think of the hundreds of time I have cheerfully left dogs at groomers. I did walk in on one once to see one of the groomers THROWING a dog onto to table.

Firstly - sincere hugs and thoughts to you. I have always considered myself fairly strong - but this has knocked me for a six. Can't even begin to impagine how you are feeling.

I am not someone who complains, I usually just 'vote with my feet', but in this case I would be making so much noise to anyone and everyone.

Great that you have contacted RSPCA etc. It wont be easy but will be worth it

Have you considered having a necropsy in him? I know it is not good to think about, but I would hate to see it turned in to "I was standing right next to him and he had a heart attack and collapsed. I rushed him next door to the vet but he could not be saved. I was very upset so initially said he hung himself, but that is not what really happened". People lie to cover their backsides for much smaller things (yes, I am cynical).

Again - OMG

Yes, we have a very litigious society which prevents people from offering even a word of sympathy and, as you say, will lie about even the smallest things.

Then, when tragedy strikes, people like Caz and Buddy have to suffer even more.

so sad. im so sorry this has happened to you and your old boy.

legal reasons or not do these groomers have no heart? must be big dog lovers! if i was the groomer, i would be beside myself with guilt. such a shame they have reacted in such a way adding more grief and heartache.

its so much harder when its our olders that leave us. 14 years is a long time. try to focus on good times, i know that sounds hard but if you do want to push for legal action its best done with a clear head. best of luck and again very sorry. :(

It is indeed disgusting. Same happened to a friend when her dog died of heatstroke from mismanagement at a boarding kennel. :( They think they will avoid liability somehow by not admitting anything. Doesn't really help much from a legal point of view. But shows them up as the arseholes they are.

It is indeed disgusting. Same happened to a friend when her dog died of heatstroke from mismanagement at a boarding kennel. :( They think they will avoid liability somehow by not admitting anything. Doesn't really help much from a legal point of view. But shows them up as the arseholes they are.

Same attitude is being adopted in the thread about dog being bitten at kennels.

The dogs owners are going through so much grief, yet the businesses can't even extend the hand of sympathy.

OMG. How dreadful. This is by far one of the worstt things I've read on this forum :cry:

I am so so sorry for your loss. I can't begin to imagine how you feel. This is just awful :cry:

I hope you get your justice for your Buddy

The owner of the Groomers has just called me. She was very upset and sorry.

When I asked if she could please explain how such a thing could happen she told me that Buddy was left chained on a drying table while the girls were at lunch! :eek:

:mad :mad No one was in the room or even within ear shot. She obviously isnt trying to cover anything up, that is horrendous :cry:

It was only that the owner went to a customer at the front counter that she saw him hanging dead.

Are you kidding me :eek: WTF !!! This is going to send me insane, just too much.

She said if there is anything I want just tell her..... how about my precious boy being treated with a pinch of care!!!!!

Thanks for the encouragement everyone, your support means the world to me.