My Beautiful Buddy Hung At The Groomers ....how Can This Happen ;(

Cazstaff

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is fantastic Caz that Buddys award has been started.

The Speerins do a lot of fantastic behind the scenes work for the doggy community.

I will be at Groomquest (probably with tdierikx)and would love to catch up with you.

Hugs to you Caz and a great way for us all to remember your Buddy.

xx LP xx

Edited by lillypilly

That's going to be a very emotional day for you. I hope, as others here have said, it serves as a reminder to all groomers, and makes them all better professionals, so that no dog ever has to suffer like Buddy did.

Purina GroomQuest 2013 have introduced an annual perpetual 'Buddy Award' to be presented each year. They have asked me to go to the show at Castle Hill at the end of August to judge and present it.

How lovely that Buddy will be remembered and groomers reminded each year. I am so grateful to Les and Christine the organisers of Groom Quest for doing this.

I miss my old man so much :(

Here is a link to the Groom Quest page for Buddy.

Buddys GroomQuest page

Holy Mother of God! :cry:

That's going to be a very emotional day for you. I hope, as others here have said, it serves as a reminder to all groomers, and makes them all better professionals, so that no dog ever has to suffer like Buddy did.

My thoughts, too, Caz :hug: It would appear that you have been working very hard to ensure Buddy gets the memorial he and you deserve, so congratulations to you and to Groom Quest.

I'm really proud for you that a large dog business has developed this award in acknowledgement of Buddy and the preventable tragedy that took him from this world. He lives on through this and his story continues to be told so that other lives can be saved. I think it's a beautiful tribute to a beautiful boy.

Caz out of a devastating situation this is as triumphant a recognition and justice as I could imagine for Buddy. You must have been working hard behind the scenes to highlight the injustice and tragedy of what happened and I congratulate you on this outcome. Safety and awareness in salons was what Buddy needed that day and this award keeps the message alive. Good on you!

I wouldn't want to be the people from "the" grooming place if they do try to go to Groom Quest... somehow I don't think they would feel very welcome.

I think someone should email/fax/letterbox their establishment with a printout of the Buddy Award page from the Groom Quest website...

T.

Thankyou so much for all the supportive comments everyone, it is super special isn't it. My darling old man will be remembered.

Its Christine and Les Speerin that have been doing the hard yards behind the scenes to get this up and running for Buddy (and a special lady called Jo). They are amazing people. It will be an annual reminder amongst the grooming community and hopefully an award the winning groomer will be proud to display.

I sent Les a few photo's to choose from for Buddy's page but he liked the one of Buddy playing with the Koolie rescues from Griffith pound. Buddy loved playing with puppies.

Sometimes it all seems like a bad dream, just a nasty rumour...... I still find it unbelieveable.

What a wonderful thing to come out of such an awful tragedy. Buddy will always be remembered by you, but now he will be known and remembered by lots of people (not just DOLers) and educating lots as well. He surely was a beautiful boy. Hugs to you Caz.