My Beautiful Buddy Hung At The Groomers ....how Can This Happen ;(

Cazstaff

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of interest I wrote to True Local as they have Splish Splash up on their site as a 5 star grooming salon :confused:

I asked why the negative feedback had been removed and this is their reply:

Hello Caroline,

Please see an update to your enquiry below:

TrueLocal (TrueLocal)

Sep 06 11:09 (EST)

We are very sorry to hear of your experience with Splish Splash Dog & Cat Grooming.

We can see that a couple of pieces of feedback have been rejected and not put onto the Splish Splash Dog & Cat Grooming listing.

The reasoning is quite harmless, firstly one of the reviews was rejected because the review was too vague eg:

"extremely disappointed with this grooming service would not recommend to anybody"

This review does not help a potential customer in their decision making process, if you could write another review that stated perhaps:

I was extremely disappointed with this grooming service, they were careless with my dog when he was in their care and i would not recommend them.

Please tailor your review to your specific experience, our guidelines can be found here:

http://www.truelocal.com.au/cms/review-guidelines

Hopefully these guidelines will help you with writing your review again. We would however stress that instances of malpractice or possible illegal activity cannot be mentioned on TrueLocal for legal reasons and as a result we would suggest you contact the relevant authorities with your concerns.

The other review that has been reject was written by a friend of yours, this was rejected as we do not accept reviews that are second hand experience - They spoke of your experience only, not their own.

We would encourage them , if they have had first hand experience with Splish Splash Dog & Cat Grooming to write a review specific to their own experiences.

We hope this helps you when writing your next review and again we are sorry to hear of your loss.

Regards

The TrueLocal Team:

It will be 8 months tomorrow since I lost my gorgeous old Buddy but what an amazing impact his death has had. His legacy will live on through the Buddy Award thanks to the kindness and support of the professional grooming community.

Jo Gray...I love you, you were my angel at a time when my world was unbearable, you made sure his death was not in vain. Jo Sillence, Kaye Brown and of course Les and Christine Speerin for creating and sponsoring the annual Buddy Award.

Groomquest was awesome! I wouldn't know a good doggy haircut from a bad one but I can sure see someone who loves animals, is in sync with how the dog is feeling and is considerate and loving towards the dog they are grooming. The dog responds with tail wagging and a kiss and cuddle for her groomer even under the pressure of National Competition!

That someone was Luckypup and what an appropriate dol nickname that is! Her clients are indeed very lucky pups.

Leah and I watched Danni 'love' her dogs as she groomed them beautifully, we were drawn to Danni on day one (it was almost like Buddy had already chosen her for us ).

Danni you must have been wondering why Leah and I kept hovering around you! The rest of the time just confirmed she had a special connection with each dog she groomed, she was 100% safe, never taking a hand off the dog as she moved about, she was gentle in the way she moved the dogs about,always taking time to pat and engage with the dog, they were a team, enjoying each other.

I am touched by your kind words Luckypup and thrilled you are so proud of winning the Buddy Award. You are a very worthy winner and I hope others learn from you that you can do an award winning groom with award winning kindness!

Im sure if dog owners wer asked what the most important citeria was for the person grooming their dog they would say care (kindness and safety)

It was lovely to catch up with you too Lillypilly :)

As for this post coming back up to the top of the list every now and then I hope it always does, just to catch new peoples attention and keep it at the forefront of peoples minds, in honour of my beautiful, gorgeous, handsome and so very special old Buddy.

Who knows, maybe one day the media might even be brave enough to tackle it and put that stinky business that killed my dog, SPLISH SPLASH DOG AND CAT GROOMING at Penrith out on its ear :mad :mad

Its funny...i didnt really notice anyone outside of the ring!! i may have looked up and semi payed attention, but i honestly had no idea. my whole focus when i am grooming, is the dog!! i honestly dont notice much else lol...i dont think you will ever truly know how much this means to me!! its such a worth while award, and its honestly a shame it took such a tragedy to even get the ball moving on an award that rewards groomers for their handling and care! it should be something that was brought out years ago!! we all need to take care with the pets in our care!! it really is a true honour to have won, and especially to be the first!! i hope more people will be aware of their handling and care on a daily basis like i try to, and i hope i can win this award many more times!! thank you for your strength and courage, Caraoline and Leah :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys.

I've come in here to report yet another dog has lost their life because of a negligent groomer. :(

A facebook friend of mine just lost their young french bulldog, this is what the post said:

"It's been tough & we're going to miss our best friend. He was at daycare & getting groomed. She put a muzzle on him because he was mouthing her & it restricted his breathing, he suffocated."

How can this stuff keep happening?? :mad

Jesus....how heart breaking :(

You cant muzzle a breed like this. Poor pooch :(

Just horrific for all concerned. My condolences to Bulldogs owner & family. It's just wrong on so many levels. I do hope they are going to take this further. Dam sure I would. "Groomers" like this should be put out of business .

Edited by BC Crazy

Hi guys.

I've come in here to report yet another dog has lost their life because of a negligent groomer. :(

A facebook friend of mine just lost their young french bulldog, this is what the post said:

"It's been tough & we're going to miss our best friend. He was at daycare & getting groomed. She put a muzzle on him because he was mouthing her & it restricted his breathing, he suffocated."

Horrendous! What state was this please?

Hi guys.

Horrendous! What state was this please?

Brisbane, Queensland.

How terrible :cry:

A muzzle on a frenchie, I can't even imagine who would think that's a good idea, or how they could not notice the poor thing was struggling to breathe?

Was it a pup?

:edit: Sorry, he was two. Thanks for that huga. Way too young to go. :cry:

Edited by Jimmay

Jesus....how heart breaking :(

You cant muzzle a breed like this. Poor pooch :(

Just horrific for all concerned. My condolences to Bulldogs owner & family. It's just wrong on so many levels. I do hope they are going to take this further. Dam sure I would. "Groomers" like this should be put out of business .

What is going on here? Someone goes for a couple of days grooming instruction at a council organised class and hangs out their shingle??

Just too horrible :cry::cry: Poor people, poor little dog.

I, too, hope these people and their like are put out of business.

Hi guys.

Jimmay can you PM me the name please? I don't want my friends in Brisbane using this place. How it could not be noticed that the dog was in distress beggars belief :mad Are these people the full quid?

Sorry for your loss, its outright negligence leaving a dog unattended with a chocker chain :(

and I'm happy you named the place as I have looked twice when I've been down there to see if they are open, which they haven't been, so maybe they're out of business if it hasn't been stated elsewhere in the thread.