My Beautiful Buddy Hung At The Groomers ....how Can This Happen ;(

Cazstaff

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest crickets

I'm so sorry.

Absolutely do not blame yourself for this. There's no way you could have expected for a second that something like this would happen, it NEVER should.

I agree with those who said speak to the council and RSPCA. I would be investigating legal options as to sue the salon for damages. I would also consider, if they are not compliant, taking the case to the media (again, with legal advice first) and making it known what happened if you can. The potential blow to the industry might prompt the half-rate salons to step up their game and be responsible, as frustrating as I'm sure it will be to those who do the right thing.

YES! I think every groomer on this forum will agree that the industry NEEDS THIS. There are SO many horrible unethical "professionals" out there, why is no one ever held accountable?!

because there are no minimum standards or licensing in the industry. Like I said before ANYONE can set up & claim to be a professional dog groomer. There is much better education available for groomers these days but nothing is mandatory. Most courses are privately run as are all industry associations & can teach whatever methods they believe in. Some of the stories I've heard from some tafe courses leave me gobsmacked. Industry codes of conduct/ethics are completely self regulated so more or less worthless. Until we have legislated mandatory minimum education, standards, licensing and inspections etc specifically designed for the pet grooming industry any jo can be a dog groomer. It defies belief but I don't hold out much hope that this situation will change in the near future.

Groomers are bound by the animal welfare act so I would persue that. As someone else suggested if they are a PIAA member they can be raked over by them but little consequence other than being turfed out. I would suggest you contact the PIAA regardless though, as they may be able to give you clear & decisive information as to where to turn for recourse.

Yes I am a disgruntled dog groomer because today all responsible ethical professional groomers have been let down by this establishment. If/when this hits the press, professionals like myself who live eat sleep safety in our salons and use all the latest & best practice techniques & equipment, have an open access all areas salon and allow owners to stay in salon , will be seen in the same light by all but our loyal clients who know better.

Once again I can only say how very very sorry I am that this has happened to you & Buddy and your family :(

Edited by crickets

I am so sorry for your loss. Please don't blame yourself. My guys get dropped off at the groomers every six weeks - it is just routine for us and I would be horrified if the Groomer was that negligent.

Please let us know if you need anything

this is just sickening. I feel ill and cannot imagine how distraught you must be right now. I am so sorry for you and Buddy. You are not the one who should be feeling guilty about this though.

I have a friend who runs a grooming business and she would NEVER tie a dog up with a choker chain to start with, but never leaves dogs on the table unattended. What a terrible thing to do.

Edited by Kirislin

I'm so very sorry.

Yes report it. Aggravated cruelty in NSW includes acts of negligence. If the RSPCA will not investigate ask the police.

Was it in the UK a groomer was convicted last year for cruelty in killing a dog by leaving her in a cage with a dryer on her?

Guest Labradork

Oh my God, that is appalling. How devastating for you.

Please don't blame yourself. I wish you all the best with whatever course of action you choose.