New Dry Food

Hi everybody,

Just wondering if anyone has anyone has tried out the new range of dry dog food by Artemis called Osopure grain free?

I thought the ingredient list looked pretty good but would be interested on other fellow dolers views on it.

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by BC Crazy

Natural Pet Store have 20% off this product as an introductory offer. Still expensive though at $40.80 for 3.4 kgs on special. I thought the ingredients looked OK - not that much different than other quality grain free kibbles. It has "Garbanzo Beans" as the 3rd ingredient - not sure what that is (must refer to Mr Google :D ).

Natural Pet Store have 20% off this product as an introductory offer. Still expensive though at $40.80 for 3.4 kgs on special. I thought the ingredients looked OK - not that much different than other quality grain free kibbles. It has "Garbanzo Beans" as the 3rd ingredient - not sure what that is (must refer to Mr Google :D ).

Chickpeas...

Chickpeas...

Thanks minimax, I didn't know what they were either :o Suppose to be very good for humans chic peas I believe.

Chickpeas...

Thanks minimax, I didn't know what they were either :o Suppose to be very good for humans chic peas I believe.

They are a good source of protein, a very cheap one too

edit: good for humans, yes. I've never really tried a dog on a chickpea diet, so would be interesting to see.

Edited by minimax

Natural Pet Store have 20% off this product as an introductory offer.

That's where I ordered mine from this morning and it's already been posted! If only all online orders were so quick.

No, but I've just ordered a bag of the salmon to try it.

Thats the type I am going to give a go too Kayla1. Mine usually have TOTW salmon or Earthborn but thought I might give this a go.

Yes mine are also getting Earthborn, or sometimes Holistic Select anchovy. Both of which are good, but doesn't hurt to try something new.

I thought the same kayla1.I like to try new things.

I don't mind paying for premium dry as long as they do well on it. You don't have to feed them as much anyway, so in the long run it doesn't work out to bad.

I always use the natural pet store, find them really good & so helpful :)

Edited by BC Crazy

• 2 months later...

I get mine from Pet Warehouse also, living in the sticks atm so the delivery is much cheaper than Natural Pet Store although I loved their service when living in Adelaide (recommend them for CBD areas in SA).

Haven't tried the newish range but have my two high energy show Dobes on the Osopure Power range (red bag) 30% protein and feed a lot less with wonderful results. Love the amount of joint health and vitamin E in the product. Used to use Artemis Large Breed whilst they were growing, that and Royal Canin have been great. I'd recommend Artemis and would love to hear about the new range a bit more..

• 2 weeks later...

Just got Osopure Bison (not Salmon) grain free. My lab eats anything and it's hard to tell if there are any signs of trouble or improvements as I'm not a vet and we are in the early days, really. We'll keep it updated if there are some major improvements/illness.

Just got Osopure Bison (not Salmon) grain free. My lab eats anything and it's hard to tell if there are any signs of trouble or improvements as I'm not a vet and we are in the early days, really. We'll keep it updated if there are some major improvements/illness.

Is that one of those with garbanzo beans in it? If so, it made my dogs fart HEAPS :D

Thanks Jess, just out of interest really as I can't find any feedback online anywhere as yet. I am always very wary when trying new dry food now after it has taken my a very

long time to get my boys coat back in condition after I was using one particular dry food. Having said that I do like to give variety if possible.

toshman, we certainly don't need that :laugh:

Just stumbled upon this SOS product from Artemis

http://www.artemispetfood.com.au/products/s-o-s-dog-products/

Currently having 20% off in My Pet Warehouse.

Hmmm, should have bought this product instead of the pure grain free ones as this one is cheaper and my dog doesn't neceassry needs to be grain-free. This SOS is also marketed as 'fewer than 10 ingredients' in case your dog is sensitive to unwanted ingredients.