Funny Things Your Dogs Do

collie angel

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our little pei girl probably turns at least a dozen times (quite frantically, including scratching and bunching whatever is under her feet) before she will lie down for a nap. She only does this on the lounge and the human's beds. The always has a very plump bed in her crate and she walks straight in there and just drops to sleep.

And after she wakes in her crate in the morning she takes forever to come out as she does ballet like stretches with her two back legs.

She also talks a lot and makes so many different sounds but I have worked out now what means what and when she needs help and when she is just talking to herself.

Moose ALWAYS heads straight under the doona when we go to bed but because it's been quite hot lately he usually only stays under there for.a few minutes. When he emerges he gives me a filthy look (I don't control the weather dude!) and flops very dramatically onto the bed and kicks out his legs. I do enjoy his nightly spectacle. :D

Our jap spitz has taken to imitating our newborn - I was holding bub for a feed, DH was watching from the floor. So Ziva walks over and lays in his lap in a similar way to bub :laugh:

She even climbed into a position to be burped when I did it to bub as well :laugh:

Rosie likes to 'gift' things for attention. She will run around looking for a present & give it to me as a reward for patting her. I get pens, pieces of paper, socks ,ruler..... If she really likes someone visiting she will gift them as well. My sons GF came over for the first time the other night for dinner....and afterward when she sat on the couch Rosie "gifted' her a sock. At first the GF didnt notice the gift in Rosies mouth...but Rosie will grunt like a piglet until the giftee takes it from her. You will then be presented with a smile (half one because Rosie lifts one side only aka Elvis sneer)

My best gift to date is a twenty buck note. :thumbsup: Rosie!

Our jap spitz has taken to imitating our newborn - I was holding bub for a feed, DH was watching from the floor. So Ziva walks over and lays in his lap in a similar way to bub :laugh:

She even climbed into a position to be burped when I did it to bub as well :laugh:

We need video, that has to be the cutest thing ever!

Elsie has invented a really weird game.

When she has a ball in her mouth, and you won't play fetch with her she will start playing this weird solo version of "dont take my ball". If you hold your hand out, or even have your foot up because you have crossed your legs, she will repeatedly slam the ball into your hand/foot and growl crazily like you're trying to steal it... If you actually do try to take it she will let you (play more fetch!!)

Probably not exactly what OP is asking for, but OH caught this on video a couple of nights ago and it is great for a laugh for anyone that enjoys a bit of tongue action... mind you when I saw it, I was very glad she had not bitten her tongue.

This is Seven. Sorry about the quality.

Edited by dyzney

Hah, dyzney, that video is hilarious! :laugh:

Grumpy used to sleep with his tongue out. One of the oddest nights was when he turned into Mr Spaceman in his sleep. He was growling and snapping at something. I gave him a nudge and said, 'Go back to sleep' which he promptly did.

Actually since he died, I've not been sleeping too well because he snored and I was so used to that, it's difficult to sleep in the quiet. Mini doesn't snore at all. She's so quiet, though she sometimes gives these little contented sighs, which are very cute.

Edited by Sheridan

Guest Labradork

Their quirky little personalities make me laugh everyday; they don't really do anything in particular :)

When Maui doesnt get his way, or we are ignoring him and doing something else. He does a very dramatic flop, followed by the biggest and loudest sighs...

He will lieterally stand near you, throw himself on his side, then sigh so loudly. We end up stopping whatever we are doing and cracking up!!!!

We need video, that has to be the cutest thing ever!

Will try and take one! What was funnier was that hubby actually patted her on the back and she burped :laugh:

Love the video of Seven. :laugh:

My older boy Coco is the funniest of my dogs. He thumps around the house, thump thump thump, you can hear him coming a mile away. And he only weighs 16kg. :laugh: Then he has to make his bed on the couch, and the blanket and cushions fly off in all directions while he is digging to China. Then when he is hungry, he bellows...not just a regular bark, but a throw your head back and yell at the top of your lungs type bellow.

Then when I take him in the car he sticks his head out the window and lets out a deafening squeal every time we pass someone walking their dog. Usually it's the dog being walked that hears Coco's squeal first, because the dog will turn to see where the squeal is coming from, then the person usually laughs when they see Coco squealing from the window as we drive past. After we have passed them, Coco turns to me and stares at my pocket...I've been a good boy Mum, can I have a treat now! :laugh:

I have a nester as well, round and round scratching the cushions until he had a nest. Every now and then it becomes a frenzy and he ends up with everything off the couch and he stands panting looking around wondering what hapoened.

We also have a dog who does "ballet" - i.e., stretching out her little back legs in ballet poses. She is the smallest pomeranian we have ever seen, must have been the runt of the litter, she is now 11.5 years old and just never grew! We say "is you doing your ballet, Smudge?" and she will run through her "routine".

Our senior GSD has become more and more food focussed as he's gotten older. He's fine while we're eating dinner, but the minute we put our plates aside he starts quietly wingeing and grumbling to himself (because he knows he gets fed next). At these times we call him "squeaky boy". We say "oh, poor squeaky boy, you a hungry boy then?" and the quiet wingeing will escalate into backchat, he starts really vocalising, talking to tell us off, to make sure we know JUST HOW CRUEL WE ARE making him wait for his dinner.

The same dog will "trade" toys for treats, especially icecream. Ocassionally hubby and I have an icecream after dinner, Tango will rush out to find his nearest toy, rush back and dump it in my lap. This is "you have my [rotten, stinky slobbery old] toy, I have your icecream." He does often get the last little bit, but the funniest thing is that he doesn't quite understand how swapsies work, because as soon as he's polished off my icecream, he wants his toy back!

Our Chihuahua is a real little tart in the mornings. She sleeps with us in bed (as do all the four seniors). In the morning when we wake up, we say "time to get up", and she "tarts", grunting and pushing her head under the pillow, bum up waggling her tail - looks like "oh no, just one more snooze, please".

I have a nester as well, round and round scratching the cushions until he had a nest. Every now and then it becomes a frenzy and he ends up with everything off the couch and he stands panting looking around wondering what hapoened.

Yep. Mosley does this, sometimes he will frantically scratch and scrunch the couch cushions or his bed/blanket up like a mad thing, then turn around about twelfty million times, finally sit down panting....and then just get up and go sit somewhere else :confused:

He also lets me know if their water bowl gets low. Not empty, just low, apparently he must have a certain violume of water to be able to drink *rolleyes* He will either stare at me and grumble or just tip the water bowl over and then follow me around while I clean it up and refill.

Edited by Aussie3

Yes, I have another ballet dancer here as well. Stella is always stretching her back legs out before I get her out of her crate or when she has been lying down for a while & when

she is doing this she also groans & growls as if to say 'oh that feels better' :laugh: She has always growled alot, when she is running along, is doing summasalts :crazy: yes she does them too.

Also when she rolls around on her back. Very vocal is my girl. When she meets people she 'talks' her head off :laugh: