Lion Hunt

minimax

:rofl:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/world/labradoodle-shaved-to-look-like-a-lion-sends-residents-in-us-town-into-a-panic/story-fnd134gw-1226550936767

A LABRADOODLE shaved to look like a fearsome lion caused panic in a US town with concerned residents calling 911 fearing a jungle cat was on the loose.

Three people called emergency services in Norfolk, Virginia earlier this week to report a lion was wandering the streets.

One caller told 911: "There was a lion that ran across the street – a baby lion. It was about the size of a Labrador retriever," the Virginian-Pilot reports.

Another caller said, “I don’t know if it got away from the zoo or what.”

After a quick call to the Virginia Zoo, who assured authorities all their animals were safely locked in their cages, police discovered the mystery lion was in fact a dog.

Not just any dog, but Charles the Monarch, who has his own Facebook and Twitter pages after his owner Daniel Painter shaved to look like the lion mascot of nearby Old Dominion University.

Charles the Monarch has more than 4,700 Facebook fans and is a regular at Old Dominion games where he poses with fans.

And it's not the first time he's been the subject of a frantic call to police.

Mr Painter told the Virginian-Pilot people often run to their cars in shock when they see Charles the Monarch walking around, especially near the zoo.

"I tell people he's a Lab-a-lion, and half the people believe that," he said.

Be awful if someone thought it was a dangerous lion, and shot it, only to find out it was a harmless dog.

my thought too, great way to get your dog killed, especially if it is allowed to roam around on it's own, as it seems to do.

Be awful if someone thought it was a dangerous lion, and shot it, only to find out it was a harmless dog.

my thought too, great way to get your dog killed, especially if it is allowed to roam around on it's own, as it seems to do.

Exactly, if you want to have your dog look like a lion, keep the bloody thing on lead. I'm so sick of off lead dogs. :mad

Thats exactly what I thought when I saw this pic months ago.. Presume its the same dog or someone copying it.. Esp in a country where everyone just about has a gun :-(

I thought it was a very cute cut on the dog and can kinda see how they thought it was a lion, although, it was very bouncy for a lion, more like a Tigger really...

Very smiley for a lion too!

And thinking about it logically (which I suppose you might not if you thought you saw a lion loose... and/or were American) at that size it would have to have been a cub and cubs don't have manes, so it obviously wasn't really a lion.

I saw him on Sunrise this am, he looks awesome :D

Kochie commented on the risk of him being shot in gun-happy America too.

I'm giving Saxon a haircut today and I'm wondering if I can make him into a mini-lion :laugh:

I thought the same thing about Cooper, he could definitely pull it off. :laugh: