Save The Scottish Terrier Monopoly Token!

Sheridan

If they want new playing tokens, why not sell them individually? They could make more money that way and still have all the classics.

Our Monopoly set only has 6 coloured plastic cones to play with. It's from around 1960 when Edwards Dunlop first took over from John Sands as Monopoly distributors.

Yeah, I will be voting to keep the Scottie - it's the best out of the lot.

Updated. I voted for the Scottie (of course) and to add the cat. I think it's pretty cute how they are 'deciding'...

Edited by poochmad

Oh yeah...and iron and the thimble...setting up gender roles much?!? laugh.gif (Said tongue in cheek, don't want this to turn into year 12 English all over again...)

My sister and I loved playing with the horse and the scottie. I think my favourite was the scottie though because the horse had a rearing habit biggrin.gif naughty pony.

Out of the new ones I quite like the ring...

I don't remember a horse... *goes to see if I have monopoly to check*

ETA - interesting! Our classic monopoly must be with mum, turns out I have the 'Here and Now' edition, the tokens are a plane, a roller blade, a race car, a skateboard, a mobile phone, a double decker London bus, and a hamburger :laugh:

Edited by Simply Grand

I just looked on the Hasbro website (the people who make the games) and unfortunately the only way to vote is by using Facebook...

Thanks PM - its a new form of discrimination!! :laugh: I think I'm going to start a movement to boycott any company that only communicates via FBook! (And I really need another communication channel like a hole in the head!) :)

Edited by westiemum

• 3 weeks later...

PETA have now weighed in on it and have demanded Hasbro replace the Scottie with a mutt. Once again, they lie about purebred dogs. No surprise there. I won't link to their rubbish but you can look it up.

Slate have also have a go at the Scottie and the article is also in SMH.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/monopoly-no-longer-a-board-game-in-tune-with-lifes-losers-20130202-2dr8f.html