Heelllpp! I Need Doler Snake Catcher

Nic.B

Sorry, but S#*t I have been dealing with a snake since this am. RBB and huge. I have done everything I have been told, let it settle for a few hours and it will move away blah, blah, blah but the bloody thing keeps coming back to the house over and over again.

I have been watching it for hours, every time it comes back toward the house I bang on the ground to get it to turn back to the paddock and go the other way. It turns away, then hides, comes out and then comes right back.

The thing is it only has to go about 10 ft to enter the paddock, dams etc, it has so much further to travel to come to the house.

I have called all of the people I can to catch and relocate him/her though they are all on holidays etc.

Does anyone know of a snake catcher in the Hawkesbury NSW area? I am freaking out.

Dogs etc are all safe, thank god I have good recall, it was a close call for one of my dogs in particular.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lol good luck with WIRES.

Last 2 times I called then

For a snake I was told to leave it alone it will move on and that they will only come out if Injured... :(

I also had a huge bluey in my yard kaos was trying to kill. Being pregnant and huge I was unable to get in there fast enough to catch him. They told me to pretty much get over it and grab him or let him be.

I ended up having to get a workmate to come help.

Won't be calling or donating to wires in a hurry again :(

Nic have you tried putting some water out for a little while, then trying again with chasing him off?

Maybe he'll move on better if he's not thirsty??

Putting sprinklers on in the area in is trying to hang out may help too. They like water but tend to not like sprinklers on them so much.

There is a DOL snake catcher but based in Vic. Snake Catcher

They haven't been on for a while but their website has contact info.

Hopefully snake catchers "network" and he knows someone near you. Good luck!

^^This particular person has just started work today, so probably can't be of any assistance.

I don't know any snake relocaters in NSW I'm afraid.

Try calling 1300 REPTILE (1300 737 845) as it is a 'National' contact number. Adam there has catchers located in many areas and may be able to help. If not, he may know of someone in your area.

Edited by jerojath

Lol good luck with WIRES.

Last 2 times I called then

For a snake I was told to leave it alone it will move on and that they will only come out if Injured... :(

I also had a huge bluey in my yard kaos was trying to kill. Being pregnant and huge I was unable to get in there fast enough to catch him. They told me to pretty much get over it and grab him or let him be.

I ended up having to get a workmate to come help.

Won't be calling or donating to wires in a hurry again :(

It is tough with WIRES and snakes as sometimes there aren't any available volunteers in the area to help, but if you say that the snake has been there for days and keeps coming back and you know where it is, they will come.

Some locations have several very good snake handlers who will go check out all snake calls and some locations don't have as many.

Edited by Kavik

crap! If you cant get a snake catcher you may have to kill it although Id probably be too scared to do that, Im terrified of snakes.

Good luck getting a catcher :crossfingers:

:eek: Kill it????

Not only is this against the law, but puts the OP in a likely position of getting bitten.

Most snake bites occur when inexperienced people try to catch or kill a snake.

Exactly! Well over 90% of bites in fact - up around the 97% mark!

And a black is fairly placid. Why run the risk of upsetting it when it's moving around people and animals?

True. I keep RBB's and they are placid as puppies.... not that I recommend the OP try and handle it.... they will still put you on your a**e in hospital for a while!!!

Sorry, the bugger has been back again, this is the third time. He/she must be looking for something....

I have called Wires, Fire Brigade, Police and every single other person I can possibly think of.

Thanks Alyosha, I put water out not long after the first visit, early am. What else is he looking for?

Seriously, I do not want to hurt anything though this is stuffed! I have given him every single opportunity to go away and he keeps comming back??????????

By the third time I was yelling YOU ARE GOING THE WRONG WAY!

Anyway I have tried everything though I will not risk my dogs and kids. Probably a mistake as you only have one chance to kill a snake and you need to get it right, though I have my long handlde shovel at the back door and next time he is in trouble.

To be fair I have not been home very much for months as my Dad has been so unwell/died. There has been very little traffic here in the house yard, perhaps that is part of this. Either way, if I have a choice between my kids and dogs and a snake I know what I have to do.

Had similar situation. Snake handler hours away.

Wires wouldn't come out as snake not in house.

Snake handler suggested to get hose. Put it on jet and use the water jet to direct the snake to where you want it to go. Nozzle with a trigger best. Start slowly and try to teach it what the water means ie spray left turn right. Keep it away from places that it can hide. Bit of trial and error, but at least you get to stay a fair distance away.

Didn't get to use this as snake disappeared, so may be good in theory but not in practice.

Good luck!