Petrescue

Guest muttrus

mmmmmmm .Maybe theres alot of problems across the board I applied for a dog well over a week ago .Not a short email either I explained the dog I was looking for the home I could offer my vet details the works and nothing .I understand everyone is busy and I maynot have been suitable for said dog but a reply would have been nice even if it was a NO .I think If I could take the time to respond with such detail then a reply either way isn"t too much to hope for.

It did say my reply had been sent.

I still hate the site so much clicking and going from page to page to button to click to see more to reply to back again and that was just about one dog twice as painful if the internet crashes and you need to do it again :D

I don't know or have anything to do with the back end of the petrescue website, but that's kinda odd, I vaguely remember them posting that they were making big changes for 2013, but they didn't indicate a prolonged absence from dealing with clients/adopters.

Jill, there is interesting info from 'Ask Leo' here, I have copied and pasted the relevant section below http://ask-leo.com/whats_in_it_for_the_creators_of_malware.html?awt_l=InQQx&awt_m=J5e3tymPeZdfbL

• Link Hijackers and Toolbars
    Relatively new to the scene, link hijacking malware does exactly what the name implies: when you search for something and click on the link of the result you wish to view, the hijack intercepts that and displays instead a page of advertising of some sort. The advertising may or may not relate to what you were searching for, depending on the sophistication of the malware.
    Toolbars are also a fairly new threat, and can often do much more than just hijack a few links. Often toolbars come with a complete replacement of your browser's default search engine such that your searches are directed to their technology, or another technology from which the hacker can make money - either by displaying ads, or any purchases that you might make as a result.
    While there are many valuable and helpful toolbars, malicious ones are capable of intercepting and monkeying with just about anything you might do in the browser, including acting as a keylogger, or displaying advertising for which the toolbar author is paid.

Jill... part of my job entails cleaning up viruses and nasties on computers. If you are within reasonable travelling distance from Riverwood, I'd be happy to come out and see what I can do to sort out your computer issues... all I ask in return is a nice cuppa and maybe a couple of Tim Tams... oh... and some JRT cuddles... *grin*

T.

Have downloaded that and ran it and still getting the same answer - not able to find that page, I tried again today to bump dogs and couldn't, was able to do yesterday. Still no reply from petrescue either.

Have you tried a different browser?

Bumping, anybody having problems, for the last two days every time I try to bump a dog it tells me the page doesn't exist.

For me, the "page doesn't exist" problem occurs every time I click the bump button before the 'edit listing' page has fully loaded. If I wait a few seconds to allow the page to load completely before clicking bump, I have no problem. Click too quickly though and pow! I mostly use Firefox but it happens with IE, Opera and Chrome as well.