Boarding Kennels

Tazar

My kennel you don't pay anything (in off season) until you pick up. During school holidays you pay a deposit (not sure how much ) which is non refundable. The other kennel in this area you pay 50% deposit which is non refundable regardless of what time of year it is. I'm sure it would vary.

The two closest to me are the same as what Stan's Mum said. The bigger one charges on a sliding scale, so school holidays are 'high season' which is the highest charge. During school holidays, they charge a 50% deposit of your total cost which is non-refundable, and they're also closed on public holidays.

The other kennel has a flat rate all year round, and doesn't ask for a deposit, nor a fee if you change your mind about a booking. Each kennel has its own terms and conditions. Do they have a website you can check beforehand?

Many of them in Victoria, that I recently researched, expect 50% deposit upon booking (some more) and then payment upfront. I know I paid upfront at Vern Ryan's www.vernryanspetresort.com.au/ didn't have a problem with this as they were very clear that this was what was required. When I paid they explained that the reason they do it is that in the 'industry' some do dump dogs this way. They said they don't have this problem because of the upfront fee. I also suspect they don't have this problem because they aren't cheap! God forbid - if you were planning on dumping a dog would you go upmarket? I'm clueless as the thought of doing this makes me sick. I'm more likely to camp in the kennels with my kids! :laugh: