Worrying Symptoms

CavsRcute

I am taking my girl to the vet in the morning but was wondering whether anyone would have any ideas about what could be going on with her.

About 5 days ago she started to sit down very quickly as tho something was biting her. Took her to have her anal glands expressed.

Next day she was still doing this but when she was asleep she would jump up very quickly and then run with her bottom end curved around to one side.

I have wormed and deflead her

Today it is happening more often and she is very unsettled.

Is eating and drinking well and her colour is good

TIA

Edited by CavsRcute

I de fleaed her about 6pm tonight.

I also thought she might have some sort of pulled muscle or some sort of spasm.

Anal glands weren't infected but maybe a bit of a tear. I put some cream around her anus... The things we do!

If the vet can't find anything tomorrow, I will make an appointment with her physio.

Thanks for the ideas.

Have just come home from the vet and she thinks it is a muscle spasm.

My girl has HD and gets really bad trigger points but usually in the front but as soon as the vet felt her back r leg, she flinched and it was obviously very sore.

I feel like a goose that I didn't think of that earlier.

At the moment she is lying on my bed with a heat pack on the leg and snoring her head off :D

She has an appointment with the torturer on Monday arvo( the first one we could get). :) He has a big day for trigger point therapy,

Thanks for your ideas

Thanks for the update cRc

I hope your girl can get some relief soon. Must be a bit painful for her :(

I have a friend thats does osteolign on our two from time to time, altho they don't really need much work done which is good especially now they getting older.

Edited by Jules♥Cavs

Took my girl to the trigger point vet last night and she had 3 very sore points in her right hind leg, one in her left hind and one in the left front.

This is the most she has had in years.

The vet thinks that they were so bad because her activity level has been a lot less recently.

This is because I had knee surgery and we haven't been walking as far and the heat has knocked her about.

She has been 100% better since last night :thumbsup:

Thank goodness we have access to this vet