Melbourne Pet Expo, Who's Going?

whitka

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw on their website that there is a Ch show on Sunday only.

Has anyone seen a schedule for this show? Or is it for the breeds that will be at the Expo on stands?

BB

In previous years there were only as many breed stands as people from the breed clubs willing to man them.

Edited by Staff'n'Toller

I used to like going for the flyball demos years ago but not involved much anymore. I don't think I will bother just going for a look, it has really gotten small over the years.

Same here Clover, wouldn't have missed the expo at Caulfield few years back, I hope the Showgrounds works well for it. I think with all of the expos, including papercraft, patchwork quilting and craft etc. the organisers become too greedy, milk the large exhibitors excessive hundreds of dollars for stall space, which prices the smaller ones out of being able to attend. So yes the expo has shrunk both stand holders and attendance.

Flyball demo is on, I'd like to go along but a bit far, might decide on the day (if I can feed the goats lambs ponies chooks early enough). (And if not a total fire ban day, better still if it's a low risk day).

Frodo's flyball days are well over, age and some injuries catching up with him. He used to love meeting lots of people at the expo.

Back when it first started it used to be great. I actually remember going to the ?first one at the Royal Exhibition Buildings.

Samples show bags were free, and you could buy pretty much all products at a discount.

On a positive note, it seems they are trying to go back in that direction somewhat by providing free parking and discount entry to DogsVic members. :)

They need to make the day cheaper for families. They are they ones that need to meet and greet pure breed dogs, and to be exposed to dog sports.

It's great that there's a rally obedience comp too.