Litters Due April 2013

Monteba

oh how adorable! :D

front ones never seem to get used here and dry up within a few days

When I had the singleton many people told me to rotate and express the nipples, however knowing a bit about lactation I let the pup handle things. She did beautifully, she chose only the two nipples second from the back and the rest dried up and shrunk back to normal quickly.

Clovers temperature dropped to 37 degrees yesterday early afternoon and we had a lot of digging and nesting in the whelping box last night. Her temp is now back up to 37.5. She is restless, happy, bagged up and has milk. She may make it into April after all.

Waiting, waiting.....

Clover had her little singleton pup yesterday afternoon by natural delivery.

He is a teeny tiny tri coloured male and weighed only 100 grams at birth. He is feeding and snuggling up well to mamma. Fingers crossed this little man thrives. :crossfingers:

Happy to report that all pups are schedule to go to new homes. Two are going overseas to show/breeding homes, one to stay here. The others will be much loved and spoiled pets. A bonus is that the sire has been engaged for two litters based on the quality of both himself and his offspring. It's nice to see generations of hard work paying off.