Home Needed By Tuesday

Nekhbet

I just had a phone call from the priest in charge of the local Ukranian Catholic Church, he has to go to Austria for 2 years for his study and his family is coming with him. Unfortunately the home he had teed up for the dog has fallen through and he's leaving on tuesday

The dog is Lada, she's a staffy cross, lovely nature, desexed, microchipped, good with kids, cats and other dogs. He's willing to pay for all food, medical etc for her or if the family loves her and she is too attached they can keep her when they return.

If anyone knows of anything we need info ASAP, PM me and I can pass on their phone number to Ihor

Thanks all!

Ukranian catholics are a weird inbetween of catholic and orthodox, they can be ordained if they are married, not married after becoming a priest, hence why so many of them sometimes wait until after marriage to finish. Yes it's too late to arrange anything for Lada to go to Austria with them and they do not have family here in Australia, they are originally from Ukraine. I was going to say I'm surprised no one from the church stepped up to take her, but I'm not really considering I grew up in that church and most of them are my relatives (including him in a distant way I do believe) He asked me but I don't have any space at all.

I don't know if his accommodation over there is pet friendly in any way, I think he might be staying in church property. The church down here allowed it but he's far from the norm when it comes to that culture to be honest having an indoor dog in his house.

Stafford Rescue in Vic might be able to help - even if they advertise the dog over the weekend and Monday.

Maybe contact all the local rescue groups - someone might have a space or be able to take on as an urgent until something else can be organised.

Ukranian catholics are a weird inbetween of catholic and orthodox, they can be ordained if they are married, not married after becoming a priest, hence why so many of them sometimes wait until after marriage to finish. Yes it's too late to arrange anything for Lada to go to Austria with them and they do not have family here in Australia, they are originally from Ukraine. I was going to say I'm surprised no one from the church stepped up to take her, but I'm not really considering I grew up in that church and most of them are my relatives (including him in a distant way I do believe) He asked me but I don't have any space at all.

Thanks for clearing that up Nekhbet....you have answered my question & restored my faith in DOL....was being to feel invisible on threads :(

I don't have a photo of Lada, she's a mix type on the smaller side, brindle and cute as a button. Tell your friend to ring tomorrow morning

Protection of Our Mother of God Ukranian Catholic Church

Ihor/Olena Holovko

(03) 5278 8349

Edited by Nekhbet

On the Catholic with a family issue, I saw on the US news channel that Catholic priests are now allowed to marry and have families.

Hope they find someone, he sounds like he really loves the dog if he is prepared to pay expenses for a dog that he may give away if the family is too attached in 2 years time. Wish I knew someone.

Ukranian Rite priests Arne not the same as Roman Rite priests...all Orthodox rites have the option to marry...not so the Roman rite..where celibacy is imposed. in rare circumstances a married man can be ordained in the Roman Rite..sorry this thread went priestly!!