Please Help Me Save My Dog

Jellyblush

Tell me about it!!

:laugh:

Don't worry Greymate, Nekh is looking after me very well and I know is at the end of the phone if I have a question.

I was just worried I'd gone a bit fast, and made her dislike the crate, but actually don't think the crate is the issue now - think it is the 'buzz' of the escape. The fact that Roo is currently chilling in said crate by choice adds weight to that.

Someone very generous who shall remain nameless has offerred me a much stronger crate, which I will pick up as soon as possible, and we will see how that goes.

Which seems like a good time to thank all of you for the constant support and many very practical offers of help I've had - so kind from people I've never met! Amazing.

Wish us luck!!

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And don't forget there is a wider support team and fan base that is watching your onfield progress ( cos we don't know how to help) from the sidelines. (Sorry - footy's about to start again and I can't help myself! laugh.gif).

Remember its always two steps forward one step back when you are trying to make major changes. So keep going!! smile.gif

Persistence and patience will work out pretty much most things in time.

Roo is making good progress, and Jelly is doing awesomely well.

Hang in there - it will work out for the best soon enough, OK?

Oh - and we need more pics of the lovely Roo...

T.

Melatonin can be dangerous if not used properly, just because things are natural does not mean they are safe. I would look into dietary and exercise routines before going into supplementation at this level. Even though it's out and about it's not government recognised as 'safe'.

It's true Snooks! We are!

We had a great day. My head is spinning a bit - a lot of what I learned is contrary to advice from behaviourist BUT the previous advice hasn't showed sustainable results, it's been one step forward and two back.... I was really struck by how logical the advice I got today was.

We bought a crate on the way home. It's a bit flimsy and I don't think it'll last long but I got the people at Petstock to say I could return it if it seemed too flimsy, so we might do that and look for something stronger. Apart from that though, Roo seems pretty happy in there, scooted in of her own accord and I shut the door while I friend and I watched a movie, no stressing. The advice I got today to separate the backyard from the confinement was great. As was the advice I got on changing feeding pattern ,those two things struck me the most, but I learned heaps. Roo is a bit dubious about the calming paste. I'm really grateful to Nekhbet, glad I found this forum and the great advice on it, and I'm sure it'll be a slow progression but I'm at least hopeful now I have some new things to try.

Friend and I then took Roo to the pub to celebrate :) Who says you can't have a social life with a nutty dog...turns out she's even a bit of a man magnet :laugh:

That's great but honestly, I was waiting for the promised 'Nekhbet is a bogan' photos ...

bolt.gif

Nekhbet is not the bogan she promised (false advertising!). She is actually very pretty. Disappointed! :laugh:

Wrong she's a big bogan loves ferrets. bolt.gif

Yes jelly that wasn't a typo ... we even run a ferret rescue :) see told you, totally crazy :rofl:

I can imagine Ferrets outsmarting dogs any day

We had a white shepherd rescue here once, they all thought he was the biggest bunny ever ... don't fall down in my garage that's all I can say

Edited by Nekhbet

Thanks for asking Harley :)

Not sure really. Crate stuff continues, lots of shorter absences in the new crate kindly donated by someone reading this thread - people are amazing. It is a strong one and I've put those clip things all over it. No escape yet but I've not tried a full day.

Roo is currently 2 x daycare, 1 x either I work at home or she goes to a mate, and 2 x in the backyard on her meds. Backyard is not going so well tbh. Here is her little leg when I got home tonight:

20130227_210330_zpsfa3fd72f.jpeg

Bit of Roo-chew!

Not sure what to do except keep at the crate-work really. She clearly isn't loving the two backyard days...but...kind of out of options. She gets a run before I leave, I've left a stack of boxes out there for her to rip into as well (good tip from this thread!) but it doesn't really seem to be helping...

Edited by Jellyblush