Please Help Me Save My Dog

Jellyblush

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[it's that much of a big deal, then there should be a separate "Support Jelly-Roo" thread so everybody can stop getting so needlessly prickly.

That's what it has become, in all but name. Jelly has posted that she considers she's personally come a long way since beginning the thread .... especially due to Nekhbet (& daycare) but also to all 'for hope and encouragement'.

WOOHOO look at you all getting yourself a man and stuff :laugh: congrats hun :)

Oh I think so. Lets have batty dog day at Nekhbets' house! Lets give them all red cordial and sugary cupcakes just for good measure, then we can let them off leash and see what happens.

Hey everyone's more then welcome to come to Casa De Crazy. Come on I live with 4 Malinois and 20 ferrets, I'm already ahead on the insanity stakes. You can't bring me anything I havn't seen before or that will shock me, trust me :laugh: We've had a couple of batty dog days before, my rottie picked on a big male Sarplaninac, the cockers all just sat on the top step teasing everyone else, OH got mauled by a GSD ...

IMGP1970.jpg

as you can see it was a terrifying day :rofl: hey when people come down I cook too. Lots. We can have a crazy dog BBQ! OMG it would be awesome! Just bring crates, treats, iodine, bandages, a side salad, we'll be fine!

Oh I think so. Lets have batty dog day at Nekhbets' house! Lets give them all red cordial and sugary cupcakes just for good measure, then we can let them off leash and see what happens.

Hey everyone's more then welcome to come to Casa De Crazy. Come on I live with 4 Malinois and 20 ferrets, I'm already ahead on the insanity stakes. You can't bring me anything I havn't seen before or that will shock me, trust me :laugh: We've had a couple of batty dog days before, my rottie picked on a big male Sarplaninac, the cockers all just sat on the top step teasing everyone else, OH got mauled by a GSD ...

IMGP1970.jpg

as you can see it was a terrifying day :rofl: hey when people come down I cook too. Lots. We can have a crazy dog BBQ! OMG it would be awesome! Just bring crates, treats, iodine, bandages, a side salad, we'll be fine!

You have a pug don't you? I'll add two psycho black pugs to the mix :D

I so wish I was closer :p

Jelly - that's a great update , and gorgeous photos!!! :) :)

Here's a pic from daycare, it's so cute :)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/c9.0.403.403/p403x403/45432_491038260956258_760397214_n.jpg

The downside to that is, I guess, realising that the meds are not enough. She does still self harm when home alone on meds. I can tell by the video and also the state of her teeth when I get home - they have silver on them from the steel doors when she's been harming, plus the state of her throat, which she scratches till it bleeds.

That daycare pic is impressive. Those dogs, including your Roo, are really 'engaged; being together. No room for the self-harming anxiety. A very good move.

Even if daycare can only be two days a week at present, it's made a point.

I'm not suggesting anything ('getting another dog' is no fix-all recipe, can in fact double the trouble) ... but makes me wonder if Roo has ever lived with another dog/s.

You also get valuable feedback from the people at the daycare on what Roo specially likes to do. Just as your using the video at home provides feedback.

Edited by mita

IMGP1970.jpg

Haha don't tempt me, good old Caesar is good at being a whole big bag of crazy :laugh: Mostly in a good way these days, but I reckon his head would explode around a heap of other dogs in an confined area :laugh:

IMGP1970.jpg

I can throw a feral kelpie and a dumb ass bloodhound into the mix :thumbsup:

Come on people ... ROAD TRIP IT! I already have one DOLer coming down next weekend to stay at my place and for some reason she wants to be covered in Malinois :rofl: photos will ensue

p.s. I have a very large yard and a dog run, what could POSSIBLY go wrong :thumbsup:

Edited by Nekhbet

I'll cook! I'll cook! Ooooooooooooh we need a lot of food and a day in the backyard ... who wants to be on the ground under all the Malinois :rofl: conversely climb a tree with a tug toy and we can put bets on how many can climb it to get to you :rofl:

Come on people ... ROAD TRIP IT! I already have one DOLer coming down next weekend to stay at my place and for some reason she wants to be covered in Malinois :rofl: photos will ensue

p.s. I have a very large yard and a dog run, what could POSSIBLY go wrong :thumbsup:

Sounds perfect. I gather the dog runs are where the DOLers would stay :D