Please Help Me Save My Dog

Jellyblush

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine aren't properly crate trained, although the younger two were crated at night as puppies, but due to my circumstances at the moment I'm often home and sleeping/snoozing in bed during the day and all three really spend hours on end just sleeping in the same spot. Saxon stays in my room with me and occasionally moves from bed to floor, the other two I hear lying in the hallway outside my door stretching and moving occasionally. They really may as well be in a crate for all they move, even though they have the option to move around in the house and go outside through the doggy door.

So seriously, don't think it's mean to keep Roo in the crate, once she's a calm relaxed dog she probably won't be too interested in doing anything when you're not there and up and about anyway. Oh, and mine are 3 1/2, nearly 2 and 15 months so still young and active yet happy to laze around.

Yep mine are exactly the same - I work from home and have actually taken photos every hour on the hour one day to prove our little they moved :laugh: . I have one who regularly chooses to sleep in the crate rather than on the lounge :laugh:

Mine aren't properly crate trained, although the younger two were crated at night as puppies, but due to my circumstances at the moment I'm often home and sleeping/snoozing in bed during the day and all three really spend hours on end just sleeping in the same spot. Saxon stays in my room with me and occasionally moves from bed to floor, the other two I hear lying in the hallway outside my door stretching and moving occasionally. They really may as well be in a crate for all they move, even though they have the option to move around in the house and go outside through the doggy door.

So seriously, don't think it's mean to keep Roo in the crate, once she's a calm relaxed dog she probably won't be too interested in doing anything when you're not there and up and about anyway. Oh, and mine are 3 1/2, nearly 2 and 15 months so still young and active yet happy to laze around.

Yep mine are exactly the same - I work from home and have actually taken photos every hour on the hour one day to prove our little they moved :laugh: . I have one who regularly chooses to sleep in the crate rather than on the lounge :laugh:

Cougar doesn't have a crate, but she hardly ever moves. Lies underneath my computer table when I'm using it, or lies on the couch when I'm watching TV. Not sure she'd handle a crate, unless it was placed right next to me.

Edited by mantis