Please Help Me Save My Dog

Jellyblush

Absolutely agree bianca, I'd love to keep following Roo's story, she's become one of those DOL "family" dogs.

And Jelly, at the thought of thread being deleted I was going to post "pleeeease don't, I wanna keep seeing the gorgeous Roo photos".

I love the one with the pig in her mouth, I imagine her presenting you with it and saying "look I have a pig" then you say "oh thank you" and go to take it from her, the she looks annoyed and says "no, it's my pig, hmph" :rofl:

That is such a sweet post! And the pig scenario has definitely happened! She is in total command of all toys in the house. Of which there are many, we go to the $2 shop together every Satruday morning on the way to get my coffee, she chooses a new one from the stand outside. Spoilt much?! Silly little muppet is asleep on my feet right now. She has a red raw snout from who knows what sort of anxious scratching at it. But is snoring away happily.

Since you have been so sweet about the pics here is my favourite mum and Roo pic :)

23856_489151990553_5480747_n_zps3dbe9aa6.jpg

and Roo & a very surprised looking little friend

207421_10150555039810554_7118785_n_zpsb53755e9.jpg

Roo-dolph :)

311663_10152352346015554_1599322844_n_zps93bb3365.jpg

Edited by Jellyblush

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the mum and Roo photos... they really do show the bond you have with her - despite all of the frustrations she has put you through.

She's a very special girl... and I agree, she's become part of the DOL "family" via this thread.

Please keep the photos coming - Roo is gorgeous!

T.

I think all of us have come to care deeply for both you and your beautiful girl :) Wishing you only the best.

Agree with this!! Even to the point of a bit of possessiveness and protection towards Roo and Jelly from some of us :)

Thanks for choosing to keep updating this thread :)

I LOVE the photo of Roo with her friend in the background! The way she is sitting up close, and that expression as if to say, there is nothing to see in the background!!

Look at me! It's all about ME! Look here i am!! :laugh:

Squee Roo is so adorable :D

As someone who has also benefited immensely from Nehkbet's generosity and knowledge (after spending a fortune on behaviourists, dog schools, etc), I'd suggest that people chill out and trust her! it's been a couple of years now and we're still reaping the benefits of a session with her. She is really amazing :heart: she changed my dog's life and mine after years of struggle and heartache.

^^ What a nice post :)

Meanwhile, I am THE DUMBEST dog owner ever. Have only just now, after 6 weeks, realised that ..... if you put a 2 door crate into a corner....with it's two doors against the walls.....DOGS CAN'T GET OUT! Can't believe it took me so long to work this out!

Haha, what an idiot. Roo-dini, I am onto you now!! Tomorrow is a daycare day, but tomorrow night we will do some stays with the crate in it's new, Roo-proof position.

Here's a pic of Roo in her new Savic tough as nails crate. No chew on this one yet :) Though admittedly we haven't done any long stays in it, going very gently since all the escapes with the Kramar crate.

More importantly - this beautiful new crate was donated by a very lovely DOL-er. I wouldn't have it without this thread :)

20130318_194503_zps8911e78f.jpeg

Simply Grand, we'd love to meet you!

That crate looks like a beauty :)

Also - just wanted to chime in to say that I agree with all the others that Roo is a very beautiful and photogenic dog and that you are one helluva committed, patient and gutsy person. I'm not sure who has more admirers...you or Roo :)

Don't worry about being an idiot, Snook had to tell me to take Jakes reward treats out of his daily food allowance. Luckily she did before he turned into a barrel! I think sometimes I'm so busy thinking about what I can do I miss the obvious.

I have just read this entire thread, dont have anything particularly important to add, but I would like to encourage and congratulate you Jelly, for your awesome progress and dedication to your dog.

I don't know if I could do the same in your situation. :o

This thread, well most of it, has been a really interesting and educational read. (not to mention all the gawjus piccies of Roo :thumbsup: ) I think pretty much everyone who has participated in this thread are rooting for you and Roo, I think that YOU are the person who knows Roo best and that we can all have faith that you are/ will continue to do the best for Roo. :cheers:

I would also like to say that I wished that I had access to Nekhbet. I would love to have a training session with her!

Simply grand you are an absolute gem :)

Jelly I am suprised you have the energy to think of anything other than work, too and survival!!

Oh I think this must be to do with the crate, it wasn't me who donated it! That lovely DOLer remains anonymous, but definitely amazing. I just wanna meet Roo and Jelly :D