Rescue Pup Breed

minyvlz

Foster puppy who came to me at 5/6 weeks of age and is now about 15 weeks old (almost 9kg). I was wondering if he looked like a black GSD or had any in him, and if not, what breeds can you see in him? I just googled black german shepherd and he looks like one. He was a very high energy pup who had no off switch - except when he was sleeping. This is just for my own curiosity.

ETA: I'm interested in adopting him myself and would like to know what I'm in for

483460_118564858304387_1850816169_n.jpg

68074_119404988220374_212144551_n.jpg

71595_125469527613920_2059162993_n.jpg

254659_131254570368749_173827130_n.jpg

486123_135621719932034_227988727_n.jpg

208375_135621676598705_957949895_n.jpg

Edited by minyvlz

Yep I say looks like GSD cross. GSD ears but nose too pointy and legs not right for a GSD. Mine was much more rolly polly than him.

What about a Belgian Shepherd cross? They have pointier faces and tend to be a bit quicker than a GSD. I just searched some breeders sites and they are more similar but most photos I saw they are much more fluffy. But I have seen black adults that aren't as fluffy as the adults in the sites I happened to stumble across.

He's certainly got GSD ears! Would he have some border collie or kelpie in him, you reckon?

He looks like a sweetie. Best wishes to you both for a happy ever after!

I can see some mix of GSD/BC/kelpie. He is adorable :love:

If you decide to keep him you could be in for a lot of dog :laugh:

Yep, too big for a Schipperke I reckon, and the ears are huge for his face! I did think Belgian Shepherd after I posted and from googling black Belgian Shepherd it does look like him. Any difference with the ears between a GSD and a BSD?

He has 6 toes on his hind feet and is actually pretty fluffy! Patch of white on his chest and on his paw tips. Pup has actually left for Germany but I am trying to see if I can get him back. Will be seeking more advice if I do get him because I have never had a working breed before. Would explain the 24/7 craziness but not how big of a sook/drama queen he is though :laugh:

ETA: I am in Romania, so eastern Europe (millions of strays here in Bucharest). Not sure if they have Kelpie here? This pup was rescued with his sister, who was brown, had been abused and sadly didn't survive. :cry:

Edited by minyvlz

Yep, too big for a Schipperke I reckon, and the ears are huge for his face! I did think Belgian Shepherd after I posted and from googling black Belgian Shepherd it does look like him. Any difference with the ears between a GSD and a BSD?

He has 6 toes on his hind feet and is actually pretty fluffy! Patch of white on his chest and on his paw tips. Pup has actually left for Germany but I am trying to see if I can get him back. Will be seeking more advice if I do get him because I have never had a working breed before. Would explain the 24/7 craziness but not how big of a sook/drama queen he is though :laugh:

ETA: I am in Romania, so eastern Europe (millions of strays here in Bucharest). Not sure if they have Kelpie here? This pup was rescued with his sister, who was brown, had been abused and sadly didn't survive. :cry:

Even working line dogs can be sookie la la's!!

You have a very cute mongrel, Heinz 57 or Bitsa, as they say here in Australia.

He could be a mix of 20 breeds & you will never know & could guess until the cows came home. As long as you have a loving friend for life it doesn't matter.

Funny I was watching a TV programme about Romania this afternoon,