Treat Pouch

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a treat pouch to use at obedience... Just wanted to hear which ones people prefer? I initially was going to get a Blackdog one but have read there have been some problems with the hinges... The other ones that look good are 'doggone', 'Premier' and 'Pro-K9'.

Cheers

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Rapid Rewards one from Clean Run. It has a magnetic closure & I find it really good. I also have a BlackDog one but the hinges really annoyed me ..wouldn't stay open, & kept snapping shut on my fingers. The hinges soon wore out as well. Here's the link to Rapid Rewards Pouch I bought it when it was on free shipping, but I am sure you could get them somewhere in Oz.

Edited by sheena

I have a Rapid Rewards one from Clean Run. It has a magnetic closure & I find it really good. I also have a BlackDog one but the hinges really annoyed me ..wouldn't stay open, & kept snapping shut on my fingers. The hinges soon wore out as well. Here's the link to Rapid Rewards Pouch I bought it when it was on free shipping, but I am sure you could get them somewhere in Oz.

Hi Sheena,

Yes this is the same as the 'Doggone' one… I really like the look of it, very functional? Does it stay open like the hinge ones do? I like the idea of magnetic closure as long as it stays open and closed or is easy to use...

Hi Sheena,

Yes this is the same as the 'Doggone' one… I really like the look of it, very functional? Does it stay open like the hinge ones do? I like the idea of magnetic closure as long as it stays open and closed or is easy to use...

It stays open until you give it a tap with your finger then it closes...not like the BD one that kept snapping my fingers. I line mine with a sandwich bag & keep it in place with two very small bull dog clips. It is a good generous size too & has places for poo bags & clicker.

I use and sell the doggone magnetic rapid rewards pouch, the premier pouches and I have one of the QuickDraw ones from Pro K9. I like all of them. I don't like the black dog ones.

So maybe I should get all three then?! laugh.gif There mustn't be a stand out between those three then? Just a matter of preference. I have read rave reviews on the pro-k9 but to me it doesn't look that amazing…

I've tried many pouches and my stand out favourite is the Premier. Excellent hinge that works very well. Great size for larger hands or treats for multiple dogs. Extra pocket for clicker/ keys etc. The operation and quality of the hinge is what sold it for me.

I use and sell the doggone magnetic rapid rewards pouch, the premier pouches and I have one of the QuickDraw ones from Pro K9. I like all of them. I don't like the black dog ones.

So maybe I should get all three then?! laugh.gif There mustn't be a stand out between those three then? Just a matter of preference. I have read rave reviews on the pro-k9 but to me it doesn't look that amazing…

I have to say, I use the hinged ones the most. The quick draw one is nice and simple but the most expensive and hard to find. The premier one is just as good. I only have a few left and my supplier is out of stock with no ETA and I have heard rumours that they aren't making them anymore, which I hope is not true!

I have to say, I use the hinged ones the most. The quick draw one is nice and simple but the most expensive and hard to find. The premier one is just as good. I only have a few left and my supplier is out of stock with no ETA and I have heard rumours that they aren't making them anymore, which I hope is not true!

I saw on Ebay a SA supplier who stated the supplier is no longer making the premier ones… I wonder why they would stop as they seem popular. Still undecided about this, which is silly. confused.gif

Im glad someone asked this as I too am in the market for a really good treat bag. Have a Black dog one & it the hinges drive me crazy too.

I have quite a few BDog bits of gear & highly recommend everything else apart from their Treat bag.

Im glad someone asked this as I too am in the market for a really good treat bag. Have a Black dog one & it the hinges drive me crazy too.

I have quite a few BDog bits of gear & highly recommend everything else apart from their Treat bag.

I just purchased a clicker and two collars from Blackdog (first time I've bought from them but came highly recommended!) I was about to buy one of their treat pouches too until I started reading some comments on them… This is making me question any with a hinge though.

I have a selection, but have just got a new one - more for out walking than for training, as I usually don't use a bag for training. It's the Doggone Good Rapid Rewards Training Pouch - has a clip for belt, and an optional belt. Lots of pockets, and nice and roomy inside - and zippered space at the back, ideal for some money. The main compartment has an inner pocket, which would fit a smaller cell phone - ot quite big enough for the Galaxy - but that fits in the main pouch, and my treats are in plastic. I'm really liking this bag. Velcro closure is nice too. :thumbsup:

I have a selection, but have just got a new one - more for out walking than for training, as I usually don't use a bag for training. It's the Doggone Good Rapid Rewards Training Pouch - has a clip for belt, and an optional belt. Lots of pockets, and nice and roomy inside - and zippered space at the back, ideal for some money. The main compartment has an inner pocket, which would fit a smaller cell phone - ot quite big enough for the Galaxy - but that fits in the main pouch, and my treats are in plastic. I'm really liking this bag. Velcro closure is nice too. :thumbsup:

That one sounds just what I'm looking for Tassie, thanks for the "heads up" :)

I'm looking into new treat bags too -- my Black Dog one has lasted about a year but the hinges shot through a while ago and I've just been toughing it out. So far, I'm really liking the look of the Doggone Good Trek and Train bait bag. The only thing I dislike is that it doesn't come with a waist band attached like my Black Dog one.

Edit: this one might work for you Snook as you can either clip it to an existing belt or it has belt loops stitched into it. That way it'll easily connect to your DOOG belt.

Edited by RiverStar-Aura

The only think good about the Blackdog ones that these others don't seem to have, is the inner lining that comes out. I can imagine these get a bit dirty - I suppose putting a plastic bag inside to line and as said clip it to the pouch would be fine. Hopefully doesn't make it difficult to get the treats out.. I think I might get the Doggone Rapid Rewards Treat pouch, I like all the compartments and sounds popular… hopefully it works well! A lady on Ebay is selling them with a belt strap too for around the waist which is handy! thumbsup1.gif