Treat Pouch

I'm looking into new treat bags too -- my Black Dog one has lasted about a year but the hinges shot through a while ago and I've just been toughing it out. So far, I'm really liking the look of the Doggone Good Trek and Train bait bag. The only thing I dislike is that it doesn't come with a waist band attached like my Black Dog one.

Edit: this one might work for you Snook as you can either clip it to an existing belt or it has belt loops stitched into it. That way it'll easily connect to your DOOG belt.

On Ebay 'Muckypups-shop' is including a belt strap with the Doggone Rapid Reward Treat Pouch - this one is slightly bigger than the Trek & Train bag though - I think more pockets etc...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a premier bag and love it. I hope they are still available because I think I got it off the SA ebay supplier.

Also have a K9pro training vest which is absolutely fantastic. It's easy to get treats out of the pockets and my dogs and I love the magnetic balls that go on it too. The main issue I have with it is that I sometimes inadvertently get stuck to metal gates and fences and have to pry myself off again :rofl:

S

The Quick draw pouch has been the best I've ever used. Good size and durable, don't leak and don't need to be lined - just wash it out with a bit of detergent every so often. I've owned a few different brands, included most mentioned in this thread, they all fell apart.

Ernie sells them: http://www.prok9.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=44&Itemid=91

so does Leerburg: http://leerburg.com/736.htm

I don't always have pockets in my clothes when I'm training and the ones I do have would be bulging and spilling out everywhere plus, when I do training on walks or at our classes I also like to carry my mobile, keycard, poo bags, keys etc...

Get a vest. Doesn't have to be an expensive 'dog training vest', anything with pockets works. Cheap fishing/hiking/photographers vests are full of pockets, cheap and easy to find. smile.gif

I like the idea of a vest... friend suggested getting one and wearing it while trialing, she tucks her thumbs in the pockets to prevent "unnecessary signalling" of her dog...

Paddles, what size are you? I have a vest here that you can have if you like. It's a mens size small, probably a woman's 12-14 ish. Pm me if you are interested. smile.gif

I just purchased the Doggone Rapid Rewards one off Ebay - It arrived yesterday and looks fantastic! Very well made, large enough to hold lots of treats but different compartments for high value treats and keys, phone, clicker etc! Has the magnetic close which works well - If you were to tip it upside down though you would lose a few treats laugh.gif. The ebay seller is also including a belt strap with this one at the moment so you don't have to worry about clipping it to pants etc.

Can't wait to start using it, thanks for all your opinions I think all the ones discussed sound really great!

• 1 month later...

I have the rapid rewards pouch and I don't really like it. Before that I had a chalk pouch for rock climbing, and before that I had a small roundish one, and before that a Black Dog one. When the RR pouch dies, I'll be getting another chalk pouch. They are easier to get your hands in and don't have corners where things seem to hide. They also have a drawstring closure on the outside, which is good when I get visitors at the dog park. A curious dog can open my RR and shove their face in if given the chance. Rarely use my pockets because I wear girl clothes with stupid, tight, tiny girl pockets. Can't get my hands in fast enough.

Just letting people know that Clean Run have the Doggone Good Rapid Rewards training pouch on their free shipping list at the moment.

I have two of these...I just bought a second one for OH & have had the first one for three years now & LOVE them. My Black Dog one died within a couple of uses :( (hinges)

That hinge problem has been addressed at Blackdog. I don't think I'm allowed to say anything more at this stage though. :shhh:

We recently got two BD ones and they work fine but we were told to keep the hinges oiled to make them last. Downside is not much space for other bits and pieces. Plus the waist step is really long and not made for smaller persons. We use a sandwich zip lock bag in them (for the treats) and that works well.

Agree that other BD products are excellent (we have collars, leads, tracking harness and tracking lead - all well made and durable).

Just letting people know that Clean Run have the Doggone Good Rapid Rewards training pouch on their free shipping list at the moment.

I ordered one of these and received it yesterday. Pockets are my first preference but not always an option. Belt is unfortunately not included in free shipping, it's $8 shipping if you want the belt for those who are interested.

Have yet to use it but I like it in comparison to the others I've looked at. I have big hands and this one gives plenty of room for me to get hands in and out easily.

Yes, this Doggone Good Rapid Rewards is my favourite though like Jess I usually use pockets for training. The pouch is great for walking though... room for clunky phone, tests zip pocket for money little side pocket with dispenser for poo bags..good design, I think.

• 6 months later...

Yes, this Doggone Good Rapid Rewards is my favourite though like Jess I usually use pockets for training. The pouch is great for walking though... room for clunky phone, tests zip pocket for money little side pocket with dispenser for poo bags..good design, I think.

I bought one of these yesterday as Miah has started big school dog training now. They were selling them at the training place and had a few different types and sizes. I mostly wear skirts without pockets, so this will be really handy as it can clip onto the top of my skirts. altho it will show of my big tummy at times eeek ! My Samsung Galaxy 4 will fit into one section of it and there's another separate area i can even put some jelly beans in it (in a bag) as I am an Insulin dependent diabetic, so handy for those times too! I often take Miah to the markets and don't always want to carry my handbag as well as hold her, so this pouch is perfect in so many way! I bought it in purple as thats Miah's accessory colours lol

I was just googling about them to show someone a link about them and this thread came up in the search ! ;-))