She Is Seriously The Best

HugUrPup

I don't know what I am going to do when she crosses the bridge. Miley is the most BEST dog I have ever had the pleasure of meeting let alone having her as a part of my family. She is truly my heart dog.

She NEVER barks, she doesn't have an aggressive bone in her body, is gentle with small animals including chickens and babies. She doesn't chew things up, she doesn't make any mess. She happily goes into a crate when we take her camping. She even happily sits in a stroller so I cant take her into the grocery store with me. I am too nervous to chain her up outside because I know someone would steal her, being that she is so awesome.

The sad thing is that her mother died suddenly at 7 years of age. Any time over that I get with Miley is a bonus :( she is 7 years old now. I love her so much. I can't imagine ever finding another dog so perfect. What am I going to do?

Well now HugUr I think Miley is clearly broken! I tried to give my heart girl away for multiple canine crimes only the other week here on DOL and she's only 5!

But seriously, just enjoy every moment with her because even though she might live to a ripe old age it is still never enough. It's not fair they don't get to live as long as humans when often they are so much more compassionate, loving and forgiving than some people out there. I had an sbt live till almost 17 back in 2011 and even though she wasn't my heart girl and a naughty munchkin is, she owned a big chunk of my life. I still think about her regularly and there are momentos of her all through the house. She will never be truly gone.

I had her for almost 16 years (a rescue) plus her son came to live with me as well when he was about 6 months old. He lived to 12 1/2. The old girl was full of cancer, deaf, blind, dementia, incontinence the whole works but she never stopped being an active part of the pack. She still loved a game of bitey face and was always in the thick of things rather than just sleeping her days away. She also had a doggy pram but so she could still come on walks and get put in the pram when she got tired. On her last day she was out in the backyard doing doggy paintings (which hang in our lounge room). She could've lived till 17, maybe longer, but we were getting incresingly worried that we'd come home to find her stuck somewhere or injured. She was the toughest dog I've ever known.

Awww she sounds so perfect ! heart.gif

The thing is there are no guarantees with anything in life be it with us humans or our pets. Just treasure each and every day you have with her Try not to worry too much as difficult as it is as she will pick up on it. .x

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

Well my heart dog was a complete PITA. Hated small children, ate the chooks, growled at the kids. Lost her way too soon just over a year ago and I am still heartbroken. As others have said, life is unpredictable, treasure every second!

Enjoy her while you have her and don't worry about the other stuff.

Our old dog was 16 when he went to the bridge and we had to make the heartbreaking decision to let him go, probably one of the hardest things I have ever had to do and will have to do the same with my old cat soon as well. :cry: (she is 21 now)