What Is Useful Extra To Be Included In A New Show Dog Trailer?

mummiehund

I am wanting to buy a new dog trailer and am wondering what are the "extras" that others consider useful and why.

I need some ideas to make sure I get everything I can out of my trailer.

I know I want a large 6 berth, with wardrobe, rear bumper, spare wheel on rear bumper and door latch hooks.

Anything else that others consider useful?

Saw one recently which had slide out shelf which contained their powered cool box and also generator storage.

http://www.cruisingcanines.com.au/ this was brand obviously they had modications made specifically for their needs.

Ventilation and insulated

Interior lighting

cushioned suspension

show trolley storage unit/tool/tack box

Mini roll out awning to shade if necessary similar set up to those you get now for 4WD that fit onto roof racks.

Not sure if standard but one I saw also had a security door inner when outside door was open.

Lockable outside doors I am sure this would be standard

Personally if I was transporting my dogs in a trailer set up i would add extra rear lights & indicators as well as possibly reinforce rear end protection to protect animals in event of collision

Saw one recently which had slide out shelf which contained their powered cool box and also generator storage.

http://www.cruisingcanines.com.au/ this was brand obviously they had modications made specifically for their needs.

Ventilation and insulated

Interior lighting

cushioned suspension

show trolley storage unit/tool/tack box

Mini roll out awning to shade if necessary similar set up to those you get now for 4WD that fit onto roof racks.

Not sure if standard but one I saw also had a security door inner when outside door was open.

Lockable outside doors I am sure this would be standard

Personally if I was transporting my dogs in a trailer set up i would add extra rear lights & indicators as well as possibly reinforce rear end protection to protect animals in event of collision

I am looking at getting a Toledo. They have ventilation/insulation, interior lighting, tack box, internal mesh doors, key lock outer doors as standard. Extras that they have are rear bumper, spare wheel mounted on rear bumper instead of the front, wardrobe internally, LED truck lights for rear.

The awning seems like a good idea too. But I would think that you would get one for each side to make sure.

Keep those ideas coming!

Something a lot of people forget about that is very handy is a clear perspeks(sp) panels that can be attached to the inside to stop some males peeing on the dogs in the other pens.

Excellent idea also stop any contact if bitch in season :eek:

Camera system on back of trailer for reversing and inside trailer to watch the dogs. Also handy to have one on the back of the car for hitching.

With the Toledo and other brands that have ventilated doors, a mechanism to stop dust and water mist going in through the vents.

Recessed metal floor plug in each compartment to make it easier to wash out.

Temperature sensor with a remote reader for monitoring the temp inside the trailer.

Camera system on back of trailer for reversing and inside trailer to watch the dogs. Also handy to have one on the back of the car for hitching.

With the Toledo and other brands that have ventilated doors, a mechanism to stop dust and water mist going in through the vents.

Recessed metal floor plug in each compartment to make it easier to wash out.

Temperature sensor with a remote reader for monitoring the temp inside the trailer.

I already have a reversing camera on the car but one on and IN the trailer would be a good idea.

The drain in the trailer would also be a good idea for cleaning purposes.

I have a generator so might look into making space for that.

Any other ideas?????

You have all given me loads to think about!

Battery with invertor to power fans and lights when the trailer is not running off the car.

Water tank

Storage that will fit gazebo's , puppy pens and trolleys in it, so you aren't putting them in your car

I think the water tank is a great idea. I know you can get them for caravans and they are easy to install and probably wont need a pump as would just install it under the trailer.

Toledo can make the trailer with a "wardrobe" which can fit gazebos, puppy pens, chairs etc or be used as an extra bay.